• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Toronto, #13

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Well, we went from #1 for living standards, to #4, and now #13. Vancouver, Vienna, and Melbourne had a 3-way tie for first place. With New York city falling to 51st place (I think). The article said that a lot of our cities rating has to do with the decrease in tourism, our de-generating roadways, and the way that our citizens view our city.

I guess 13th isn't all that bad.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Vote Quimby

TRIBE Member
Now if the Fiberals would deliver on that promise of a share of the gas tax to cities, then Toronto might be able to move back up that list.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Um....er......the Sun :p

Yesterday.

I think it said that this was a yearly list compiled by economist magazine.

let me see if I can find it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
Um....er......the Sun :p

Yesterday.

I think it said that this was a yearly list compiled by economist magazine.

let me see if I can find it.

now did you really mean the sun? or does the :p you added implies that it's a joke? please clarify!

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
and the way that our citizens view our city

Would that be wearing rose-coloured glasses with their heads firmly shoved up their asses?

Torontonians are almost as blindly "rah rah rah" for Toronto as Americans are for the states.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Toronto, #13

Originally posted by diablo

Torontonians are almost as blindly "rah rah rah" for Toronto as Americans are for the states.

If that was true Barbara Hall would be our new/old mayor

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member

Would that be wearing rose-coloured glasses with their heads firmly shoved up their asses?

I think they were talking about all the people who complain about Torontonians yet live in Toronto.

It's like posting on TRIBE but then saying that all TRIBERS are retards.

It's so faux-cool to slag the city you live in. Especially if you moved here from a shitty little town with nothing to offer but date-rapes behind the Sip'n'Go.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Toronto, #13

Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Especially if you moved here from a shitty little town with nothing to offer but date-rapes behind the Sip'n'Go.

buahahahaha..

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon
now did you really mean the sun? or does the :p you added implies that it's a joke? please clarify!

I was being serious.

...but the list was compiled by another publication.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Toronto, #13

Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
It's so faux-cool to slag the city you live in.

But it's also retarded to be the city's unofficial cheerleader.

And I love how people say "Well, if it's so bad, why do you live here?" as if picking up and moving is a 30-second decision. :rolleyes: Maybe it is if you have no family or friends and work at Wendy's, but not if you have anything resembling a life.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
don't those list-makers know that conan o'brien and the rolling stones like us?

i mean, it only cost $2 million to make them come visit.

so, like, seriously, what the fuck?

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member

usually i would say that
but i've been hearing a LOT of complaints about the city going down hill - messier, dirtier, ttc service complaints etc. we're proud of the city for a lot of reasons but we're down about it these days overall - that's my impression

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Echoing what BBB said.

Toronto sucks is the equivalent of Trance Sucks. All the slaggers secretly like it.

I'll admit though, last summer I was getting irritated with TO. I then spent some time in Peterborough, and ran back to Toronto. We have it very, very good here.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
I love this city and am going to very sad to leave. I never thought it would be possible to love living in an urban center this much. I hope I get offered a job here when I am older.

13th is good enough for me.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Why is it retarded if you actually have a genuine connection to the city you live in? Sure, there's crap I don't like about Toronto and some of the individuals within, but I think it's a great place to live and would not hesitate to say so.

Yes, if you feel the opposite then by all means express yourself, but one then begins to question: why live somewhere you don't like? I understand it's not as easy as picking up and leaving in the night, but it's not impossible either. Find somewhere to live that you might enjoy.

(@ diablo)

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mike Richards
Those damn taxes could be part of the reason we've moved down

It's the new version of this poll (2002 listed, as I can't find the link to this years)

Top cities for UK Expatriates

Toronto was #13 because of the garbage strike, smelly streets, shitty road conditions, poor city maintenance, and other nasty things we Torontonians take for granted.

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
A fair thing to say about the state of Toronto would be what I swore to myself a long time ago; I want to live as close to the city as possible without actually living in it. Toronto (for me) is an absolutely fantastic city for everything but living in.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
There's a difference between out and out slaggin the city--being a Toronto hater---and having contructive criticism to offer as a citizen.

Sure it's not so easy to pick up and move, but it's not that hard either: if you really hate the city (enough to bitch about it so much that those of us voluntarily living here are sick of you) then you ought to be able to back up your hatred with a plan you have in action with the eventual result of moving away. Otherwise you're exercising your chin.