1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Tornado!!!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ScottBentley, Jun 23, 2010.

1. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

MIDLAND, Ont. — The Province of Ontario has issued a "red alert" for an immediate threat in the Central Ontario area on Wednesday evening.

Environment Canada has issued a tornado warning in this area. Storms are moving quickly to the east of this area.

Emergency Management Ontario recommends that persons in the area described as Penatanguishine to the north, Barrie to the south, Collingwood to the west, and Orillia to the east immediately find shelter.

Environment Canada says radar indicates a severe rotating storm has likely produced a tornado in the Midland, Ont., area.

Damage has been reported near Midland and there are reports of funnel clouds near Orillia, Ont.

Residents are being advised to take immediate safety precautions.

2. ScottBentley

... People from Penatanguishene and Collingwood to Barrie and Orillia are told to IMMEDIATELY take shelter.

3. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

where are people getting this info about a big storm. midland's tornado watch was cancelled 20mins ago north peterborough is the hotspot at this moment

4. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

where/when else would a place be able to say they had a tornado and earthquake in the same day?

5. ScottBentley

way to read the article

[​IMG]

6. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

^1up - wasnt there a movie about this?

no tornado here as far as I know, it did pour rain for like 2 mins, sky has been dark all night, and the tv/cable turned off for a minute tonight, not even windy here.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  7. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

8. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

It's sunny here all night and I'm in Scarborough.;)

9. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

My dad said the centre of the storm came off Georgian Bay not too far north of our house (we're near the 11th concession, he said it was around the 12th-13th). Then tracked towards Balm Beach Road, and through Midland.

And now Lindsay/Peterborough through to Belleville and Kingston are under a warning.

10. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

whoooeee our cottage is at the 14th concession. we're going up this weekend. Wonder what's waiting for us.

11. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

killer bears

12. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

well, yes... we heard about them too. Quite the summer lined up!

13. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

as much as I'd love to see a tornado rip through downtown toronto so I can get all like holy shit G20!..

my fam is in kingston and belleville. shit

14. junglisthead

junglisthead TRIBE Member

midland is messed up quite a few companies roofs are off bay tech and kindred whereas the honda dealership has quite a few damaged cars in their lot , a few homes the trailer park and alot of trees have also been hit

15. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

ah fuck, my cottage is in wasaga beach.

Wonderful. I still remember the barrie tornado of 85, because i was up at the cottage that night. Fucking terrible.

16. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

fixed.

17. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

I was in Midland the day after the tornado. Most of Midland looked totally fine but every once in a while I would pass a building that got really messed up. I saw a building with a missing exterior wall, an electrical supply company that was basically missing its roof, downed hydro poles etc. It was pretty epic.

18. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

hey it survived the 85 barrie tornado, which was like 5x the size of this one that rolled through. So im sure my place is still there.

19. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Another tornado warning in place for Windsor and Leamington!

20. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

up this way too! tornado and severe thunderstorm.

21. tim patrick

tim patrick TRIBE Member

Happened on the Croatian coast (near Split) last year, almost on the same date too.

22. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

wizard of oz is on, coincedence? I think not. a tornado while watching oz would be perfect.

23. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

Here are a few photos I took when I was in Midland. The building in the photo is one of my company's electrical suppliers. Yikes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]