• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Top 50 DJ's as voted at Breakspoll ( FAO Angus Robinson )

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
robb g should be on that list too never seen a local dj show up international talent more than robb does. nobody controls the records as good and mixes as FAST as he does while keepin it sooooooo tight

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
totally angus is the shizz. Just listening to his mix on this weeks proton radio also featuring fort knox five who happen to be playing the 360 this weekend

Chicago Kid

TRIBE Member
Nice one Angus, congrats...all that hard work is paying off and these wankers are taking notice.

GO Canadian Breaks...REPRESENT!
:eek: :D

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
well deserved, my good man.

out of all breaks djs in toronto, you have the most well tuned global perspective. this combined with work ethic, a nuanced business sense and devotion to the local scene is a recipe for international street cred.

:)

Angus Robinson

TRIBE Member
Yeah, this was a rather pleasant surprise to say the least. I'm finding it hard to believe that I beat out Jay Cunning, JDS, and the Drumattic Twins. Don't see how that's really possible, but I'll take it!

No one's mentioned Influenza yet! They're sittin pretty at number 24. Canada represent!

Cheers for the support folks! Now, let's try to get a few more names on next year's list! ;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

oddmud

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Angus Robinson
No one's mentioned Influenza yet! They're sittin pretty at number 24. Canada represent!

Hey Thanks man! I appriciate the fact you noticed it! ;) I'm not so sure people in toronto even know about us.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmud
Hey Thanks man! I appriciate the fact you noticed it! ;) I'm not so sure people in toronto even know about us.
word!

it's nice to see the bassline breaks being represented. i wonder if this has anything to do with the online fan base being somewhat alienated?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by docta seuss
i second that.
thirded.

but, robb's internet (and thus global) profile hasn't circulated as much as the other canadian's represent.

all that seems to be changing though.

:)

oddmud

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah
word!

it's nice to see the bassline breaks being represented. i wonder if this has anything to do with the online fan base being somewhat alienated?
You're calling us bassline breaks? :) tee hee.

We've done maybe 2 bassline style tracks, which you couldn't even really call bassline tracks cause they didn't fit the same mold. They just had big bass. ;)

Just pointing it out incase you're confused about the genre.

keld

TRIBE Member
congrats canadian influenza. easily identifiable at breakspoll wearing a canadian flag shirt! :p caught a bit of your set and chatted to you after, i was the other canadian dude.

oddmud

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by keld
congrats canadian influenza. easily identifiable at breakspoll wearing a canadian flag shirt! :p caught a bit of your set and chatted to you after, i was the other canadian dude.
oh hey man!

;) yeah had the big flag goin..

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmud
You're calling us bassline breaks? :) tee hee.

We've done maybe 2 bassline style tracks, which you couldn't even really call bassline tracks cause they didn't fit the same mold. They just had big bass. ;).
judging by the production that i own of yours and mixes you've posted you guys certainly seem to be more of a proponent of nu school sounds than the funky-tech stuff...