• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Top 50 Clubs In The World 2006

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
Herbal? LOL! It's no bigger than my living room! Loved it, can't wait to go back end of June, but best club in the world? Hilarious!!!

davehill79

TRIBE Promoter
Yeah this is absolute bullshit, they even have a fucking cheeshole of a club from Leeds in there yet forget about backtobasics... Seriously how can you put guv above space????

jUiCeR

TRIBE Member
^^
"We asked 600 DJs from all around the world to name their top three clubs, based on their DJing experience"

I think the survey is biased towards the UK clubs because most he of the dj's they surveyed are probably from the UK. However, I do think that a lot of people tend to underestimate the Guv as a world club - it's an amazing venue, we're just bored stiff of it.

davehill79

TRIBE Promoter
there aint many small clubs in the list, theres only a small handful. What about smartbar as well in the windy city... i would like to knwo who these "top 600 djs" are... probably prog kings.... BOOOOO.. I know loads of big DJ's dig the smaller clubs, just beacuse of the atmosphere...

anyway... rant over...

droops

TRIBE Member
Agree 100%

davehill79 said:
there aint many small clubs in the list, theres only a small handful. What about smartbar as well in the windy city... i would like to knwo who these "top 600 djs" are... probably prog kings.... BOOOOO.. I know loads of big DJ's dig the smaller clubs, just beacuse of the atmosphere...

anyway... rant over...

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
Is there anyone in this thread that doesn't agree that these surveys/awards are always bullshit in some way shape or form? Every year a new one comes out and every year its the same "this is crap" response.

Dave: Smartbar should win something cause of of it's unwavering dedication to sweet, sweet house music, but that's about it. It would be like awarding the Sullivan Room (NYC).

Tanner

TRIBE Member
jUiCeR said:
^^
"We asked 600 DJs from all around the world to name their top three clubs, based on their DJing experience"

I think the survey is biased towards the UK clubs because most he of the dj's they surveyed are probably from the UK. However, I do think that a lot of people tend to underestimate the Guv as a world club - it's an amazing venue, we're just bored stiff of it.
Ya I would totally agree with you on this one...Look at clubs listed like DC10 in Ibiza sure there are awesome parties there but that place is a shithole...The Guv is up there for sure...

Stu Hirst

TRIBE Member
Tanner said:
Ya I would totally agree with you on this one...Look at clubs listed like DC10 in Ibiza sure there are awesome parties there but that place is a shithole...The Guv is up there for sure...

I was one of the 600 who voted and there wasn't any set criteria for WHY you considered a club to be the best. It could have been experiences as a dj or punter, and often things such as crowd reaction are given more weight that aesthetic qualities.

I think I voted for The Arches in the UK, Cocoon Club Germany and Space Ibiza, yet I haven't visited many of these great clubs listed above - so the poll always had the potential to miss some amazing venues.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
give it up to the guv though, they bring in the sick dj's consistently, but......they also bring in cheese mongers like irene and bad boy bill....who all the 103.cheese ppl listen too
it has great sound, great lights and is always bumping
do you think the ppl who go to space in miami but are musically inclined instead of pill poppin and just gettin messed dont feel the same about that club?
but since we dont live there, we just want to go cause it is SPACE IN MIAMI(or any other "super club")...and dont see the same ol same ol that the regs of space must see, just like here

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
dvs said:
nice to see at least one deep house club ranked in the top 50... cielo at 48.

d
And its extra sweet cause Cielo is very small by comparison to other venues listed. Hands down my favorite spot in NY.

Rage

TRIBE Member
Guv beats out Stereo???? Two questions; 1) Did the people who voted in this all live in the UK; 2) Can someone please justify Stereo lossing out to Guv, I just don't get that one??