• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

top 15 skylines around the world....

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Bah, signature skylines went out of style in the first half of the 20th century. Give me my sprawling non-place urban field please!

,g

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
western most point of cherry beach looking into Toronto is one of my favorites. For some reason everytime I see the TO skiline they take it in from to close ignoring a nice little chunk of water.

But I always did like the skyline from most directions.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
gsnuff said:
Bah, signature skylines went out of style in the first half of the 20th century. Give me my sprawling non-place urban field please!

,g
you mean like one of these?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Vancouver's beauty is not in it's skyline. Most of the tallish buildings in vancouver are pretty ugly actually. It's the mountains and ocean that surround it and I don't think that's what this list is about.

Vancouver is specatcular though. I love flying in there when they circle around and land over the water.

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Of all the pics, the one of Toronto's looks the worst. But I've always found shots taken from Cherry Beach/Docks or uptown-facing-south vantage points to flatter our skyline more.

The shots of Tokyo and Hong Kong are breathtaking/insane.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
I thought there was a rule that all skyline shots had to be taken at night.... toronto's waterfront blows in daylight, we look so..... '86.

threeflavours

TRIBE Member

Toronto is a pretty badass skyline.. This was taken from the dock of the Rochester ferry.. I would say that New York is the best though..

nawberry

TRIBE Member
What about Regina?

It kicks Shanghai's ass in my books. This list seems rigged and places too much emphasis on grandeur, beauty, and architecture.

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i think dubai's is the most startling, while singapore is the most striking. i love singapore's skyline the most.

toronto's really is pretty good, imo.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Re: Dubai

Like the guy mentions on his site, the pace of development is crazy. The "small" building to the very right of the picture (the Dubai World Trade Centre) was all through the 90's and upto '98 the tallest building in Dubai (and the UAE as a whole) It had 52 floors if I'm not mistaken.

It looks smaller than it should, because it's further away than the other buildings, but still crazy to see it look so small.

Last edited:

JAR

TRIBE Member
yup, HK is the winnar hands down.

Overlooking the city at night from the top of Victoria Peak is amazing. Shanghai is pretty cool too...I wish I had my pics to show.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories