• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Top 10 signs your neighbourhood has been gentrified

wickedken

TRIBE Member
1. more than two Starbucks in walking distance
2. 24 grocery - and its NOT metro!
3. panhandlers optionally dressed as buddhas
4. dessert eatery
5. pet grooming store
6. you're not afraid of getting bed bugs from the furniture in the local dive bars
7. you're not afriad of getting EVERY STI from the locals at the local dive bars
8. furniture stores selling $2,600 table lamps
9. being featured in the NY Post of NYTimes
10. you can't afford to hang out in your own neighbourhood!

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
"Happy Time" has been replaced with yet another dive bar, but this new place has fancy laminate floors and an HDTV. The staff wear golf shirts branded with the name "TO. Lounge". Some of the old clientele still go, but many are leery of the changes...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
First sign that YOU'RE gentrified:

1. You call an STD an STI. Just gross. really. Author of this thread, I'm looking at you. IT'S A DISEASE.

2. You misname "workload" as "bandwidth". I can but won't begin to say how many levels of wrong this is. Ok maybe I will. Bandwidth is a segment of spectrum. It is not download speed, and it certainly is not "Hey how busy are you wanna get a coffee?"

3. you use the term "reach out". I reach out to you if you have a penis and I wanna reach it for whatever bandwidth reason happens to be on my mind. Otherwise, you, like Mother Theresa, do not "reach out"

4. The kids these days call it "Molly". They don't know what MDMA is, nor less how to make it, but they call it "Molly". MDEA, MDA, bath salts, ketamine, all relinquished under the kids' new term.

-jM
A&D

JamesM

TRIBE Member
First sign that YOU'RE gentrified:
4. The kids these days call it "Molly". They don't know what MDMA is, nor less how to make it, but they call it "Molly". MDEA, MDA, bath salts, ketamine, all relinquished under the kids' new term.
Scene is already dead. That one anyway.

They just rinsed it out like a wet towel. Nothing relevant, and they'll go back to hating, and listening to taylor swift.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Scene is already dead. That one anyway.

They just rinsed it out like a wet towel. Nothing relevant, and they'll go back to hating, and listening to taylor swift.
When we were "involved" with MDMA, we at least had a clue how to make it and at least how to test it.

I recall a time at the sunshine biscuit factory in san francisco. I'll say nothing about that other than that there were people onside to test for MDMA, and not generic "molly".

Maybe I spend a disproportianate amount of time with millenial kids who think they know everything but...

Ok more beer.

-jM
A&D

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Well all those stupid Idiot's running veld and digital dreams.

Good luck. Just a jukebox.

I personally would blow my mind to see Derrick Carter sign up to tribe, and rant his head off.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders