• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Top 10 Sci-fi movies never made

Dialog

TRIBE Member
They forgot Neuromancer... might have been good in the right hands, could have easily been crap, but once The Matrix was made (Trinity == Molly w/ removable sunglasses) it was game over. Gibson also penned Yet Another unused Alien 3 script...

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
that was a good read.

i wholly agree: aliens on earth properly done would be awesome. might be doable now that cgi has gotten better/cheaper.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I always secretly hoped for a movie based on Snow Crash. Properly done (probably in two to three parts), that movie would make The Matrix look like Showgirls.

But he makes a good point. No one's going to greenlight a movie like that now.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basilisk

TRIBE Member
I reading some books from Alistair Reynolds and can't help but think stuff like Revelation Space is so visual that it would really translate to film nicely, after a screenwriter shaves half of the redundancy out... from that lengthly book I'm sure a gem could be cut.

Anyway, as for the list I think they totally should have gone over Dune. That movie was originally intended as a trilogy, but they didn't have the money. It had a bloody fine beginning if we ignore some of the music, but then years of history are compressed into a 3 minute montage - surprise, the main character now leads an army and has a wife! Argh. It simply screams "oh shit we better wrap this up"...

Why Neuromancer isn't on the list is another bizarre oddity... it was optioned, several times if I recall right. It was a big deal for people, and Hollywood just sat on it and let its time pass.