• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

toothbrush etiquette

regal beagle

TRIBE Member
so...the last little while i have been pondering a few things regarding toothbrushes.

do you use other people's toothbrushes?

do you let other people use yours?

if you had a spare toothbrush (not used) would you give it up?

do you have a 'spare' toothbrush for all guests to use, only to pass it off as 'never been used before"?

have you used a hated roomates toothbrush for evil uses as a means of retribution for not doing the dishes or drinking your last beer?

nusty

TRIBE Member
guests can bring thier own or use their finger with toothpaste on it like I do when I travel without one.

Originally posted by regal beagle
so...the last little while i have been pondering a few things regarding toothbrushes.

no

No, the use of the Donald Duck brush is a management only situation at my house.

Sure.

do you have a 'spare' toothbrush for all guests to use, only to pass it off as 'never been used before"?

Yes. It's right next to the polaroid of it up my ass, smiling ear to ear.

have you used a hated roomates toothbrush for evil uses as a means of retribution for not doing the dishes or drinking your last beer?
No, I live alone.

chooch

TRIBE Member
i have a roomie that leaves his toothbrush out alla time...i asked him to put his toiletries away when he is done. i put soap on in now if he leaves it out...

i know...i'm horrible.

do you use other people's toothbrushes? no

do you let other people use yours? depends

if you had a spare toothbrush (not used) would you give it up? of course.

do you have a 'spare' toothbrush for all guests to use, only to pass it off as 'never been used before"? no

have you used a hated roomates toothbrush for evil uses as a means of retribution for not doing the dishes or drinking your last beer? see above/but not usually

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
it's kind of gross to share a toothbrush because dirty food from somebodys teeth isn't exactly the most attractive thing to think about, but in reality it's probably not such a huge deal.

I'll share with my girlfriend, and I have a brush at her house (which I'm a little uneasy about in my abscence)...but not with just anybody.

if you're just crashing, use mouthwash or paste on your finger or something until you get home.

who remembers this gem..

brush your teeth,
round and round
circles small
gums and all
a small soft toothbrush the roundabout way
keeps your gums healthy and stops tooth decay
so brush very carefuly 3 times a day
brush round and round
up and down....

haha, stupid bathroom family...what an odd show.

finary

TRIBE Promoter

never.

nope.

of course.

yes, still in the package.

no, haven't hated any roommates that badly :) thats just sick.

/f

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
my friend bought a back of 8 or so toothbrushes at teh dollar store...just cheap ones...i think that's a good idea if ppl are spending the night unexpectedly.

i persoanlly let ppl use my toothbrush if they are friends.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
If I was dating someone and they slept at my house, I wouldn't mind if they used my tooth brush. Sometimes I have extra ones...in that case he could use that one. I don't find it gross to share with someone that I'm intimate with....seeing that we have most likey kissed. I don't get grossed out very easily.

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
whenever I visit other people's places, I make a point to sneak into the bathroom and use their toothbrushes. it's kind of like marking territory..what?

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Eww, I don't know.
I really wouldn't want to share a tooth brush.

With a long term significant other, if I had to ... I might.
But why? That's why you buy another one for them..

pr0nstar

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
fuck that action!

i wouldn't share my toothbrush and you can walk your ass to the store like i would do and get yourself one if you wanna clean up that stank breath

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
fuck that action!

i wouldn't share my toothbrush and you can walk your ass to the store like i would do and get yourself one if you wanna clean up that stank breath
Well then! you don't sound like a very nice host!:p

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
If I was dating someone and they slept at my house, I wouldn't mind if they used my tooth brush. Sometimes I have extra ones...in that case he could use that one. I don't find it gross to share with someone that I'm intimate with....seeing that we have most likey kissed. I don't get grossed out very easily.
ditto

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
Well then! you don't sound like a very nice host!:p
:)

it's just one of those 'things'.. i wouldn't want anyone using my toothbrush, that's all

but, if i didn't still live in my 'rents place, then hell yeah i'd have a supply of new ones that people could use. just not mine ;)

ps and to toot my own horn, i'm a great host otherwise!

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
:)

it's just one of those 'things'.. i wouldn't want anyone using my toothbrush, that's all

but, if i didn't still live in my 'rents place, then hell yeah i'd have a supply of new ones that people could use. just not mine ;)

ps and to toot my own horn, i'm a great host otherwise!
I see!hehe

I have other things that I am very particular about...I don't like anyone going in my room when I'm not home, I don't like anyone borrowing my things, nobody drives my car, nobody smokes in my car, the list goes on!...so ya I have sooooooo many things that I am very particular about.:)

jebac

TRIBE Member
using someone elses toothbrush? wtf, are you guys crazy. i dont care if ive been going out with a person for 5 years, get your own toothbrush

-jebac

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by jebac
using someone elses toothbrush? wtf, are you guys crazy. i dont care if ive been going out with a person for 5 years, get your own toothbrush

-jebac
I think it's more of a .. if really needed thing for a signifcant other.

You'll suck face with them, perform oral sex on them.
But you won't let them touch your toothbrush?? :p

Alita

TRIBE Member
Ew - I'd never let anyone use my toothbrush (or use mine) even my Bf....hahah and it's been offered and asked for - but EWWWWW - NO MEANS NO!

Anyway, my family buys a lot of toiletries(sp?) from Costco, so there is almost always a spare toothbrush here. If I know I'm gonna be out overnight I always pack a toothbrush....and if it's unexpected, hell there's always the convenience store! :D

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chicku
Ew - I'd never let anyone use my toothbrush (or use mine) even my Bf....hahah and it's been offered and asked for - but EWWWWW - NO MEANS NO!

Anyway, my family buys a lot of toiletries(sp?) from Costco, so there is almost always a spare toothbrush here. If I know I'm gonna be out overnight I always pack a toothbrush....and if it's unexpected, hell there's always the convenience store! :D
i'm glad we agree! :)

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
I think it's more of a .. if really needed thing for a signifcant other.

You'll suck face with them, perform oral sex on them.
But you won't let them touch your toothbrush?? :p
Yup doesn't make sense to me...but to each their own!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories