• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Tool TONIGHT

Preroller

TRIBE Member
ya, i found a little snippet on Wiki...

Tool's song "Lateralus" from the album of the same name features the Fibonacci sequence syllabically in the verses of the song. The syllables count from one to eight via the sequence and from eight to one via the sequence.

...the syllables of the lyrics of parts of the Tool song Lateralus follow the Fibonacci sequence in each line, for instance "Black/Then/White are/All I see/In my infancy/Red and yellow then came to be".

videotronic

TRIBE Member
But the vibe was incredible, even though alot of people remained seated I had the euphoric feeling of taking hallucinogens when I didn't. I will do my best to not miss another Tool show even if it is $100 a ticket.
was this the last ottawa show youre talking about? i was there too. it was shock and awe. i dont think my friends and i said more than 10 words to each other on the drive back downtown we were so blown away.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
I came upon this string quartet tribute to Tool on slsk, check it out! I'm going to trick the high class diners into liking Tool this summer at the restaurant. ;)

Seven Deep

TRIBE Member
If anyone cares to host one or two of em, I've got about 20 gigs worth of live Tool shows on my HD.

yes...some of them are actually recorded well, Hamilton 02 being one of them.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
This thread really f*cked me up and got me into alot of trouble with friends who I had excited and yes, disappointment. Leason #1: always read post dates.
Preroller, would it have killed you to start a new thread????

TheRunningBoard

TRIBE Member
Pretty pumped for this album.

I too had that empty feeling in my stomach when I first saw the thread, that I was missing a show..but I quickly chekced the date as I have been keeping an eye on their tour dates.

Did anyone go to Guelph when that prof. did an interview with MJK and it ended up in the Ontarion? That was kinda cool.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
I don't feel like scrolling thru this entire thread, but did anyone else go see them at CANADA'S WONDERLAND for Lolla in 1997?
What a fuckin show, I still have wet dreams about it, they absolutely destroyed everybody, and it was even worth sitting through Julian Marley, Snoop AND Korn (ears...bleeding...) to see them play. Oddly enough, Maynard & co. weren't even the headliners; ORBITAL was! It was a real trip to see 10 000 thrashers disappear in the blink of an eye, to be instantaneously replaced with...10 000 ravers! It was like a spaceship swooped over and dropped them, or they were hatching from pods in the bathroom or something... A fantastic day.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
lol.

I would cut off ... well ... something! would be cut off if I could have seen Orbital play live.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Please don't cut anything off. They were just okay. Actually when they first came out and mixed an old Belinda Carlisle track into "Chimes", well, that was better than okay! but TOOL stole the show; anyone who was there would agree with me on that

seeker

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
Please don't cut anything off. They were just okay. Actually when they first came out and mixed an old Belinda Carlisle track into "Chimes", well, that was better than okay! but TOOL stole the show; anyone who was there would agree with me on that
belinda carlisle and bon jovi, mixed into Halcyon + On + On. and IMO they were amazing, far better than just 'okay'. Tool was also amazing on the night.

lok

TRIBE Member
I love the fake album press release.
Rosetta Stoned and Lipan Conjuring are dead give aways.

Maui

TRIBE Member
B.S. no presale tickets....
Good luck getting tickets.
Oh well at least this looks like a pre tour.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Oh i c they have some kind of presale called "circle of friends"...Anyone know what that is?
If anyone can hook up presale tix, I'll pay for the effort.