1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Too bad I don't live in America

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by saskboy, Jul 2, 2010.

1. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

The events of Spadina Sunday were an replay of Pershing Park Arrests in Washington DC in 2002.

Exact same situation. Totally different reaction.

That city seems to take its democratic ideals more seriously than we do.

Constitution, cough.

Partnership for Civil Justice: September 27, 2002 Pershing Mass Arrest (Barham v. District of Columbia)

The Ghost of Pershing Park - washingtonpost.com

D.C. to pay $8.25 million to settle mass arrest suit
  2. derek

derek TRIBE Member

while some of the rights in the first amendment are overlooked when it comes to travel; domestically, in a situation such as above, americans would not take it lightly.

but then americans, since independence, have always been more about individual rights, whereas in canada we've been move aligned with what works for the greater good.

there actually is a class-action law suit underway.
  3. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

what an utterly awful thread title.
  4. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

*yawn* that was last weekend. Lets talk about this weekend. I might go see a movie, what about you?
  5. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

In light of this thread maybe this weekend I'll sit at home and read the Federalist Papers?

Ha, ya right! Bought some mint and club soda today... mojitos!