• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tomorrow Night!

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
the best album to ever come out of Toronto is played in it's entirety at Fort York!

Broken Social Scene's classic You Forgot It In People.

So excited for it.

[YOUTUBE]JVQTyYFFGCo‎[/YOUTUBE]

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Broken Social Scene: You Forgot It in People | Album Reviews | Pitchfork

I've been listening to this disc for months on repeat-- sometimes just this disc for days
I wish I could convey to you just how perfectly this record pulls off that balancing act, how incredibly catchy and hummable these songs are, despite their refusal to resort to pandering or oversimplicity. I wish I could convey how they've made just exactly the kind of pop record that stands the test of time, and how its ill-advised packaging and shudder-inducing bandname seem so infinitesimal after immersing yourself in the music. And I hate to end this saying, "You just have to hear it for yourself." But oh my god, you do. You just really, really do.
The review that pretty much started it all for this band

lucky1

TRIBE Member
After my computer crashed I lost all my music and never got around to downloading this album, but thanks for the reminder, I'm going to tonight

This should be a fun event, looking forward to chilling and hearing good music, from the beer tent if it rains ;)