1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Todd Edwards at Drake Underground

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by diablo, Jun 14, 2010.

1. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Nothing to write home about, but I still had fun. Went with the largest group that I've been out with in years (10-11 people), so that helped.

Todd had a few good tracks, but it kind of seemed like he was searching for the right stuff to play for too long. Barely a nod to the vocal chops and 4x4 beats that put him on the map!

The event seemed to just market the fact that he was the voice of "Face To Face".

First time at the Drake, as well. Didn't venture out of the Underground much, but it was basically decent layout with less-decent sound.
  2. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Was there on Sunday for Hunee, who was on point, but the crowd was just too much. That space is tough on the weekends. I managed to push through the bullshit for Soul Clap a few months back (seriously dope business), but I just couldn't do it on Saturday.

Friday was the More Proof guys' night, right? Good crew.
  3. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

4. REMI XO

REMI XO TRIBE Member

Gawd I cant believe I missed this.

I so would of went. I gotta pay my respects to Todd the God Edwards.

Just goes to show you how Tribe isnt what it used to be.

Hey Diablio Shoot me a PM if something like this comes up again.
    Your a friend of Graeme, right?
  5. DeepSix

DeepSix TRIBE Promoter

Bryan - Graeme told me about it and I was actually in the city that night. I didn't reach unfortunately because I was celebrating a friend's birthday.

But yeah, I regret not going somewhat.
  6. jungleboy

jungleboy TRIBE Promoter

So shameful you two, so shameful.