• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

to buy the record, or not to buy it

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
that is the question...

found an 25 year old and rare record I've been hunting down for a little while.. one that is actually in good condition.. but the person wants $200 US for it?

what do i do?

I'm already leaning towards spending the cash, and basically want some other people to tell me to do it! :p

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
HAHA.. I actually have it on CD, i have it on 2 pieces of vinyl as well.. on compilation type of deal and a repressing from 95 that i picked up just to play out.

but I also am starting to collect records seriously as of late... so...

I'm going to buy it! :D

i would also like to add that this record also has historical value, and as far as I'm concerned It's priceless! :p

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
if you don't get it, in 5-10 years, you might look back at this time and wished you HAD gotten it.

you will never look back at this time and wished you had saved that extra 200 bucks. not unless you're a poor chump in which case you'll have bigger problems than just needing another 200 bucks.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
if you don't get it, in 5-10 years, you might look back at this time and wished you HAD gotten it.

you will never look back at this time and wished you had saved that extra 200 bucks. not unless you're a poor chump in which case you'll have bigger problems than just needing another 200 bucks.

good point!

alma

TRIBE Member
ev, you've got me itching to ask: what record is it?!

i just recently learned the expression 'black crack' for vinyl. highly addictive stuff. i'm like you – a handful of albums i have on CD i really want on vinyl too.