• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

To Blue Mountain

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
BLUE MOUNTAIN IS SHIT

I just got back from there yesturday

The hills are crap. There are dirt scattered everywhere on the mountain.. it was visible from the chalet that i was staying in.

3 ppl from the party went boarding on Thursday and after 1 run came back.. 2 other ppl ended up going later and said it was not bad, but on Friday it was worst bc it rained over night.

They dropped the price of the tickets but honestly it's such a waste of money..
 

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
BLUE MOUNTAIN IS SHIT

I just got back from there yesturday

The hills are crap.

3 ppl from the party went boarding on Thursday and after 1 run came back.. 2 other ppl ended up going later and said it was not bad, but on Friday it was worst bc it rained over night.

They dropped the price of the tickets but honestly it's such a waste of money..
can't you read weather reports? i'ts been raining for 2 weeks there! i don't think the hill will be much good til the end of january at this rate.

boarding in ontario is sketchy at the best of times, it's only worthwhile if it's snowed a bunch the night before, or if you've never been on a snowboard before and don't know the difference.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by feisty boy
can't you read weather reports? i'ts been raining for 2 weeks there! i don't think the hill will be much good til the end of january at this rate.

boarding in ontario is sketchy at the best of times, it's only worthwhile if it's snowed a bunch the night before, or if you've never been on a snowboard before and don't know the difference.
It didn't rain Wednesday and Thursday and why would I read weather reports if I dont live in Collingwood and I don't ski or snowboard? I was at a chalet for New Years.. and i was going to go tubing but surprise surprise they didn't have it open. We for sure thought my friend was going to scratch up his skiis bc he just got them and they weren't waxed yet.

The only reports i watch are for Toronto.

But i'm sorry I wouldn't pay 25 bucks for 1 hill to be open..
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by feisty boy
can't you read weather reports?
Seriously.

Saying that Blue Mountain is shit in 10 degere temperature is really arbitrary.

Whistler would be shit with bald spots too.

...besides, every local boarder knows that Blue Mountain is without a doubt the best place within Toronto proximity and quite possibly Ontario.
 

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
why would I read weather reports if I dont live in Collingwood and I don't ski or snowboard?
This statement only personifies the fallacy of your post.

So you don't ski or snowboard but you say Blue Mountain is shit because of your view from the chalet....

You would check the weather reports if you did ski or snowboard.
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Conditions pending, for staright carving yeah Blue is the best, but for those of us that would rather spend the day in the park than cruising, Blue is shit, always and forever. Mount St. Louis/Moonstone beats Blue handsdown.
It (MSL) hasn't been penetrated by Intrawest so the customers don't get ass-fucked by over priced lift tickets. Don't kid yourself, Blue is not worth the price you pay.
 

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
This statement only personifies the fallacy of your post.

So you don't ski or snowboard but you say Blue Mountain is shit because of your view from the chalet....



she also said some of her freinds went on some runs there.
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Funzo
Conditions pending, for staright carving yeah Blue is the best, but for those of us that would rather spend the day in the park than cruising, Blue is shit, always and forever. Mount St. Louis/Moonstone beats Blue handsdown.
It (MSL) hasn't been penetrated by Intrawest so the customers don't get ass-fucked by over priced lift tickets. Don't kid yourself, Blue is not worth the price you pay.
Yeah I couldn't believe boxing day they were charging 50 bucks for a half day and not even all the runs were open. We ended up buying some folks lift tickets off them in the parking lot for 25 because they were leaving.
 

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Just got back to the city from Mt. St. Louis, and they had the majority of their runs open, with a few dirt patches here and there....I heard that Blue has been hurtin' the past few days...glad I wasn't scheduled there this weekend.

T.O.B'
 

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
SNOW IS IN THE FORECAST!!

oh and be sure NOT to follow the directions they give on the website.. the one turn is WRONG.. and boy, did they hear from me!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
This statement only personifies the fallacy of your post.

So you don't ski or snowboard but you say Blue Mountain is shit because of your view from the chalet....

You would check the weather reports if you did ski or snowboard.
3 ppl went snowboarding and came back on the first run.. They got there money back on their tickets.

2 other ppl ended up going night skiing with everyone else telling them not to go, they went anyway.. they said the runs were ok but they also were making snow at the time.

Blue mtn dropped the price of the tickets bc of the fact the weather was bad.

(i used to ski and snowboard and the reason why i didn't go is bc i couldn't afford to rent ski's..)
 

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
Seriously.

Saying that Blue Mountain is shit in 10 degere temperature is really arbitrary.

Whistler would be shit with bald spots too.

...besides, every local boarder knows that Blue Mountain is without a doubt the best place within Toronto proximity and quite possibly Ontario.
It is the best to go in Ontario.
I didn't mean blue mountain was shit, when i said that i meant it is shit right now. I have skiied at blue mountain, hell i learned how to snowboard there.. it's a great hill but it's not worth the money right now..

but with the weather we've been having, why would you spend so much money when only a few runs are going to be open?

I don't understand why you guys are getting so defensive over what i'm saying..
 
Last edited:

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
It is the best to go in Ontario.
I never said Blue Mountain is shit :rolleyes:

but with the weather we've been having, why would you spend so much money when only a few runs are going to be open?

the rolleyes before the edit say it all
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
the rolleyes before the edit say it all
I edited it not bc of the rolled eyes, bc the fact that i did say that blue mountain was shit but i wanted to fix up my sentence bc it sounded like i was contradicting myself.
 

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
Had a great weekend!

The conditions were shitty... but I learned how to board on ice and dirt!
so next time it will be so much better
And I had such a good time its hard to believe it can get better :)

Richard
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top