• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

To anyone knowledgeable about old NES and SNES games

diablo

TRIBE Member
You know how as every new system comes out, someone makes bootleg cartridges/CDs of all the games for the old system?

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Zelda II - The Adventure Of Link and play it on SNES? Or is there an adapter that lets you play NES games on SNES?

I have the Link NES cartridge, but my NES has been dodgy and unreliable since those Microplay fuckers sold it to me. You have to turn the power on and off like fifty times before it works. but, for games with a "save" function, this often wipes out the game's memory.

So yeah...does anyone know of adapters or bootleg cartridges?

Brandon

TRIBE Member
My bro has a bunch of NES games on a CD that can be played in a Dreamcast, but that's of no help...

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diablo
You can play NES games or SNES games (or both) on a Gamecube?
I think he means you can get those games for the Gamecube.

You can't put SNES or NES cartridges in a Gamecube.

You CAN get an adapter that enables you to play all Gameboy/Gameboy Color/GBA games on Gamecube, but not NES or SNES (AFAIK).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kat

TRIBE Member
download an emulator and the game and play it on your computer?

i know one of my friends was somehow able to plug in his nes/snes controller into his comp and play that way.
so if you wanted the controller aspect of it - it is possible.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I've heard of people restoring their NES by replacing the 72pin thingie that reads the cartridges inside the NES. My NES takes some time and effort to get going, and Im considering doing the same, I just need to look into it.

defazman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
I've heard of people restoring their NES by replacing the 72pin thingie that reads the cartridges inside the NES. My NES takes some time and effort to get going, and Im considering doing the same, I just need to look into it.
1. take the cover off your unit
2. use fine sand paper to clean off the contacts
3. spray contacts with contact cleaner
4. use small screw driver or similar device to pry contacts slightly more closed, so they make tighter contact with your game
5. reassemble NES

I used to be one of those Microplay fucks back in the day, and I fixed many an NES using this method.

defazman

TRIBE Member
I still have a whack of good games, I just haven't put much effort into getting another system after mine died.

partial list
-zelda
-link
-excite bike
-tecmo bowl
-punch out
-metroid
-all smb games
-tetris
-blades of steel
-rad racer
-final fantasy
-dragon warrior
-mlb baseball
and so on.

wayne kenoff

TRIBE Member
My NES works alright but I have the same problem with saved games like Zelda. I always thought those games had lithium batteries in them which eventually get very weak.

wayne kenoff

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by defazman
I still have a whack of good games, I just haven't put much effort into getting another system after mine died.

partial list
-zelda
-link
-excite bike
-tecmo bowl
-punch out
-metroid
-all smb games
-tetris
-blades of steel
-rad racer
-final fantasy
-dragon warrior
-mlb baseball
and so on.
I would pay good money for metroid or SMB 2.