• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

TMA 1 vs. Dalek's

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
The ultimate fight for g33k's

TYCHO MONOLITH ANOMALY 1

VERSUS

DALEK'S!

DING! DING!

TMA 1 ( 275 000 results)
versus
Dalek ( 136 000 results)

Ouch... The Dalek's are put down in a 2 to 1 ratio blow, showing us that they are easily exterminated!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

silver1

TRIBE Member
Tough call.

TMA 1 was the one they found on the moon. And all it really seemed to be was a transmitter. It showed no "I can destroy Jupiter and turn it into a star" (or in the case of the book, Saturn) capabilities like the big one stationed outside of Jupiter.

On the other hand, it was indestructible. So I doubt even the Daleks weapons could destroy it.

So my assessment:

This is a moot argument as one side wouldn't even "fight" but said side could not be destoyed.

It's a draw.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Ah, but you forget that the TMA-0 controlled the minds of the pre-humanoids. If it did that, it could control the daleks as well.

Or it could just teleport them into an alternate galaxy.

Marcinm: once again, there's no one by that name. You're thinking of terrawrist III.

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
You guys need to fill me in cause I couldn't stand losing to those tin plated pepper pots!

Now the Cybermen.
That's a whole other ball game.

Or perhaps the Sontarans.

The would open up a can of whoop ass!

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Ah, but you forget that the TMA-0 controlled the minds of the pre-humanoids. If it did that, it could control the daleks as well.

Or it could just teleport them into an alternate galaxy.

Marcinm: once again, there's no one by that name. You're thinking of terrawrist III.

Again though, TMA 1 didn't display any of those kinds of traits. So your suggestion is mere speculation.

And even then, the only thing we can deduce from TMA 0 is that it was able to plant suggestions to less than "intelligent" humanoids.

Daleks are smarter then that.

My judgement stands.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Ahh but... Dalek's weren't exactly intelligent beings. They're basically humanoid slugs in side those tin can. Only Davros was actually intelligent, and the Doctor always thwarted Davros with relative ease.

As far as we know, all the Monoliths share the characteristic of being 1x4x9 in dimension. We do not know the extent of the technology within them. But we do know that the TMA-0 and TMA-3 both have the characteristic of 'inspiration' as they were responsible to protohumans and Tritonoids, respectively.

We know that TMA-2 was responsible the disappearance/teleporting of Capt. David Bowman.

And we know that a countless number of TMA's produced on Jupiter were responsible for it's ignition. This was done through altering the mass of the planet, and hyperboosting it's gravity field, thus making it impode and ignite.

So... we have these various "machines" capable of doing various tasks... why wouldn't they be able to kick Dalek exhaust panel?

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
The Monoliths...
hmmm...

The Ark?

IS this a book you're talking about?

FILL ME IN!!

I wanna play.
Pick me pick me, I'm ever so smart!

And my WHo knowledge is....
Extensive.
:D :D :D

Have you seen the Dalek Master Plan Episode 2 yet?

Or is this what you're talking about cause I havn't read the whole story.

You do know they just re-discovered episode 2 right?

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
promo.jpg

:D :D :D

silver1

TRIBE Member
The Daleks outsmarted and subsequently "killed" Davros at the end of "Genesis of the Daleks". Although they were slugs, they were smarter then you think.

I still say tie.

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Ah but they didn't KILL him, did they?

Otherwise how would he have returned again and again and again.

As for Davros, he was no muppet.

Davros in Genisis of the Daleks is probably one of the greatest evil genius potrayals ever!

He was awesome!
davros.jpg

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SENSEi
Ah but they didn't KILL him, did they?

davros.jpg

That's why I put it in quotes.

His head got preserved in a jar and made its return in Ressurection of the Daleks.

SENSEi

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by silver1
That's why I put it in quotes.

His head got preserved in a jar and made its return in Ressurection of the Daleks.

Actually he returned in Destiny of the Daleks.
The one with the Movellans.
The disco cyborgs of the 70s!

movellan.jpg

He was then captured at the end, only to return in Ressurection of the daleks.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
riiiight Daleks as intelligent.....

Emma: Why do you have chairs on a Dalek spaceship anyway?
Dalek: We will explain later!

Davros: We shall be come all--
The Doctor: --POWERFUL! Crush the lesser races! Conquer the galaxy! Incredible power, unlimited rice pudding, et cetera, et cetera.

dalek.jpg

vs

monolith.jpg

You can't argue that the Monolith doesn't look bad ass.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Wait a minute. If I remember correctly, at the end of 3001, we find out that one of the Monoliths fell over and became damaged (which it subsequently sends a signal deep into outerspace telling whomever or whatever to destroy mankind.

So. The monoliths ain't all that. Just knock em over and they go nutty.