• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

tivo...

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
anybody have it? where can i get one in Canada (without having to subsribe)?

cheers,

z0- <<< wants to digitally record the simpsons

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
My roommate has it.
He bought it on eBay far as I remember.

And it's a 1-800 if I remember correctly that it dials for the subscription... but I don't know if he's using it.

pr0nstar

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jeremy:
I don't believe that it is available in Canada.

jeremy -Its ally mcbeal on demand- jive
</font>
Well it is possible to use them, I've seen it in action, it's actually a cool thing if you watch TV and tend to get distracted by the phone, etc.. or just like to record a show or two.

pr0nstar

Astroboy

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Quirkz:
why not get the bell pvr?</font>

I just got this, and it's awesome...you can watch a show for about an hour, and then decide to record the entire thing from the beginning

Astroboy out...

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Astroboy:

I just got this, and it's awesome...you can watch a show for about an hour, and then decide to record the entire thing from the beginning

Astroboy out...
</font>
Can you fast forward through commercials?

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Roger's digital cable now has timeshifting available ... basically you can watch all shows at anytime up to 3 hours after they have been broadcast.

Granted, it's not as good as a PVR, but it's at about $6/month, it's kind of nice to be able to not have to rush home to catch the start of a program, etc.

Cheers ... Ian

ninja

TRIBE Member
All you silly TV sluts !
well I'm just bitter that I cant afford one just yet but my cable is free so Its all good.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ninja:
All you silly TV sluts !
well I'm just bitter that I cant afford one just yet but my cable is free so Its all good.
</font>
^^^ but free satellite is better

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soundstream:
Roger's digital cable now has timeshifting available ... basically you can watch all shows at anytime up to 3 hours after they have been broadcast.

Granted, it's not as good as a PVR, but it's at about $6/month, it's kind of nice to be able to not have to rush home to catch the start of a program, etc.

Cheers ... Ian
</font>
No no, you get the west coast feeds for the major us and canadian networks. Because they're 3 hours off its called time shift. It realistically isn't but its fun watching calgary news.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ditto Much:
No no, you get the west coast feeds for the major us and canadian networks. Because they're 3 hours off its called time shift. It realistically isn't but its fun watching calgary news.</font>
I was afraid that might be the case, but figured it was too useless of an option for people to actually pay for it.

I thought maybe they were recording each program on all the channels and storing it for for up to 3 hours. That way you could tune in and watch the recorded version of any show. And by only saving 3 hours of video per channel at any given time, a ridiculous amount of storage space wouldn't be needed.

Cheers ... Ian