• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Time Magazine: Would Anyone Notice if Canada Disappeared?

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member

Where Has Canada Gone?
The world’s second largest country is being swallowed up by its own irrelevance. TIME investigates Canada’s disappearance

article

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AdamAnt
So we've disappeared because we don't have a huge military basically.

War mongering americans.

we've disappeared because 2000 of our troops are in Afghanistan cleaning up after the mess the Americans made there.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I can't believe it. I even know one of the writers, Cindy Waxer. She used to work for the Annex Gleaner.

Traitor.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
So let me get this straight, Canada's relevance is measured only by it's ability and enthusiasm to wage war, efficiency in cleaning up after the US, and ability to fall in line with US policy without debate.

Hmmm.. Ok there.

B(.)(.)bytrap

TRIBE Member
am i the only person in this thread who doesn't end their posts with a period ?
^ I never do either

The only people who would notice if Canada disappear is the people who want to be free from their tight ass countries

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by quantumize
am i the only person in this thread who doesn't end their posts with a period ?
it's a sign you can't be trusted. Why don't you just go get a job at Time Magazine?

Maui

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Its Pooched
The world is just jealous we woop their ass at hockey.
Huh? Have you been watching the playoffs?

I haven't read the article yet but that's pure jokes.

But you know there probably is some truth in that.
As you can see by the recent mad cow fiasco, sars fiasco, cod fish fiasco.... Canada relies way too much on natural resources and tourism to sustain its economy. What happens when all the fish/oil/forests/tourists dissapear? Or when animals contract a disease, or wheat farming takes a hit?
Canada needs to start building a stronger economy imo.

Peace,

Maui

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Maui
Huh? Have you been watching the playoffs?

I haven't read the article yet but that's pure jokes.

But you know there probably is some truth in that.
As you can see by the recent mad cow fiasco, sars fiasco, cod fish fiasco.... Canada relies way too much on natural resources and tourism to sustain its economy. What happens when all the fish/oil/forests/tourists dissapear? Or when animals contract a disease, or wheat farming takes a hit?
Canada needs to start building a stronger economy imo.

Peace,

Maui
WTF are you talking about, If anything we represent an excellent sustainable economic model (as far as a capitalist democratic country goes) as ours doesn't revolve around exporting arms or industries based on completely destroying the environment. Maybe not reading articles is a habit of yours but we lead the G8 countries in economic growth. Thanks for the vacuous statement tho.

Last edited:

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
that article was so fucking irritating I stopped reading after the first page.

so fucking American and just so complete while missing the WHOLE point is just so frustrating and typical of a major us publication.

suck it up you clones, perhaps we don't give a fuck about all your self ritious little pet projects around the world....perhaps we're trying to make this country what it should be for it's citizens first (big on the maybe)...regardless, they should certainly try that sentiment on for size.

the us is a shit hole.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think Time is pretty well irrelevant in this day of TV, Internet, and niche mags. Its much like the department store, quaint, but hardly anybody goes there anymore.

If they dissapeared I don't think anyone would really notice. This was the first time I had actually read a Time article in maybe 20 years, except of course when I am in the waiting room at the dentist, and only then do I flick through it before moving on to a medical journal.

The article is derrivative and puffy to the point of being meaningless. Certainly no weight or research there for a "hard news" cover story.

I am going to send the editor this post.