1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Time Festival 2010 @ Sound Academy

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by desklight, Jul 24, 2010.

1. desklight

desklight TRIBE Member

We got there late and the place was already rammed.

Kingdom was playing UK funky and dubstep in the main room when we got there, but we checked out Adultnapper until Skream & Benga went on. I didn't recognize most of what they played, but a definite mix of straight bangers and new interesting bass music. They played the obligatory La Roux remix which set the crowd off... Benga was on the mic repping the crowd for a while too.

Diplo's not afraid to please the crowd and man was it wicked. Really refreshing after listening to so much serious dance music.

He played some dubstep mixes/bootlegs of The Pixies, Kid Cudi, Rihanna, Chelly 'Took The Night'. Even dropped the original album version of MIA 'Paper Planes' and a few straight hip hop tracks

The rest was an absolutely sweaty mix of dubstep, b-more and dancehall.

After his set, Azari & III unfortunately dropped the gayest house song ever and 3/4 of the crowd left. I was diggin their energy, the live vocals and the old-school flavour but we didn't stick around to watch

Missed a lot of the other acts as the event went to 5am but Diplo was worth $30 alone
  2. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

Ah-may-Zin, holy fuck, this summer has been ridiculous with the amount of incredible music we've had.

Skream and Benga KILLED IT. Diplo kept the killin sound and kept the place bouncing. Sooooooo goooooooooood!
  3. 2blu_

2blu_ TRIBE Member

only 2 reviews?!

desklight, great review.. totally mirrors my experience. skream n benga followed by diplo, WOWZERS! diplo is a fucking rock star, all up until he dropped multiple different versions his alter ego Major Lazer catastrophe. that music is absolute garbage.