• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Time Bandits

tayo

TRIBE Member
Creepy kids fantasy movie from the eighties a la Neverending Story and Peanut Butter Solution, only it's from the UK and stars John Cleese... it's the matinee ($4) at the Royal this Sunday.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
nothing like an english bandit with the ability to manipulate time....or do they just steal your time?

sounds like fun.

seeker

TRIBE Member
I'd love to see that movie on the big screen again. What a fantastic flick. Gilliam is a master.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Don't neglect to tell the folks that it's directed by Terry Gilliam (12 Monkeys, ..Baron Munchausen, Fear And Loathing.., Brazil, The Fisher King, Jabberwocky).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Don't neglect to tell the folks that it's directed by Terry Gilliam (12 Monkeys, ..Baron Munchausen, Fear And Loathing.., Brazil, The Fisher King, Jabberwocky).
He did Monty Python for years, too.

seeker

TRIBE Member
bring me some more of them fish eggs, but skip the quail's eyeballs. upset my stomach, don't you know. ;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kat

TRIBE Member
he was the only non-british member of the monty python group

did more writing/directing than the others

<3 terry gilliam

i'd definitely go see this in theatres..uhm where is this?

i have the time bandits criterion dvd ;p
but only the normal brazil : /

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
yeah...I watched some of munchausen yesterday...gilliam has a colorful resume...I REALLY reccomend lost in la mancha where they document his falied attempt(s) at the not finished Don quixote flick long in production...

BTW I created that movie thread to talk about movies...it limits the amount of threads in the general forum since ive noticed someone starts a thread about 1 movie and gets like 12 responses...just a thought,WTF do I know anyway:)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tayo
Creepy kids fantasy movie from the eighties a la Neverending Story and Peanut Butter Solution, only it's from the UK and stars John Cleese... it's the matinee ($4) at the Royal this Sunday.
I <3 the PB solution;)

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I can't believe how expensive those Criterion Edition dvds are. $60 for "Down By Law"?!?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? DOES JIM JARMUSCH COME TO MY HOUSE AND MAKE ME A FUCKING SANDWICH WHILE I WATCH IT?!?!

Seriously. They're very pricey.

That said, I would like to get "Brazil" and the Criterion edition of "Rushmore".

Last edited:

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
I can't believe how expensive those Criterion Edition dvds are. $60 for "Down By Law"?!?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? DOES JIM JARMUSCH COME TO MY HOUSE AND MAKE ME A FUCKING SANDWICH WHILE I WATCH IT?!?!

Seriously. They're very pricey.

That said, I would like to get "Brazil", "Dawn of the Dead", and the Criterion edition of "Rushmore".
I would kill and mame to get the Kurosawa collection on criterion but being realistic I would have to get another job to get em'...fuck eh?...just movies!:( ...luckily SOME great titles are cheaper than others...royal tenenbaums criterion is about 22 bucks

kat

TRIBE Member
criterion rushmore i wanted badly

then it wasnt available - then i think it was back

you get what you pay for. they put a lot of work into them..
especially with restoring the older films

my man godfrey - regular version is BLACK. you can barely see anything, the sound quality is absolute shite.

my man godfrey - criterion. i can see!! and eugene pallettes frog belly isnt the only sound that is clear. not to mention tons of DECENT special features. so many dvds these days have useless boring features - why bother?

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
For some reason I thought there was a Criterion edition of "Dawn Of The Dead", I appear to be sadly mistaken.

Yeah, I picked up "The Royal Tennenbaums" for a good price. Too bad so many titles I would want are out of print.