• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tim Horton's IPO...

wineandboogie

TRIBE Member
..apparently the allotment of shares was filled in 3 minutes(11:18-11:21).

anyone thinking of buying?

personally, i'll be watching this as it opens, with a top price of 32-33 max.(top price i would pay)

i have a feeling it will open in the $35 range though.

lots more shares to come in the next 9-12 months

peace,g.

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
wineandboogie said:
..apparently the allotment of shares was filled in 3 minutes(11:18-11:21).\

Do you actually know this???Or are you just guessing?

anyone thinking of buying?

Not while the institutional investor flip to you for a profit!

personally, i'll be watching this as it opens, with a top price of 32-33 max.(top price i would pay)

hmmmm...It's was to0 be offered @ 21-23$ per share, that was raised earlier this week to 25-27....

i have a feeling it will open in the $35 range though.

lots more shares to come in the next 9-12 months

Really? How do you know? Are you an insider?Wendy's is offering 15% of Tims. I have yet to hear of a secondary offereing & I watch analysts every day pretty much!

Consider waiting bout 6 weeks there wineandboogie. The demand will drop off after the initial pop and it will be easier to buy some.

Good luck

D

wineandboogie

TRIBE Member
the rest of the shares will be out in 9-12 months.

i would like to grab some tomorrow at a reasonable price and then flip it at about $40.

i kinda doubt that i will get in before $35, and if that is the case i will just wait till the rest of the units come out or there is a stumble in the share price.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Are my chances of being able to get shares now better or worse than winning a fucking donut from roll up the rim?

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Wendy's have said they will spin off their remaining a large chunk of their 85% over the next year, so there will be further allotments put on the market.

Besides money managers, the majority of Tim Hortons stock is being allocated to actual franchise holders. Remaining after that will be allocated to individual investors.

I'd like to get some, but my company is involved in the underwriting so I am restricted for one month.

If you read the prospectus in great detail, you might take notice a date where there might be a potential chance to get it on some in the future.

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
Are my chances of being able to get shares now better or worse than winning a fucking donut from roll up the rim?
they have the worst roll up an lose contest of the chains, you get shit from tim hortons
country style i think it is , you win every single time

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
why has every news story i've read about this say there's not much growth expected? will the stock doing well really depend on Tim's franchises succeeding in the U.S.?

then again i remember those naysayers during google's IPO.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Gizmo said:
Wendy's have said they will spin off their remaining a large chunk of their 85% over the next year, so there will be further allotments put on the market.

Besides money managers, the majority of Tim Hortons stock is being allocated to actual franchise holders. Remaining after that will be allocated to individual investors.

I'd like to get some, but my company is involved in the underwriting so I am restricted for one month.

If you read the prospectus in great detail, you might take notice a date where there might be a potential chance to get it on some in the future.
Tim Horton's is having a difficult time expanding into the U.S. market.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a stock that's a buy and flip, as much as a buy-and-hold for a long, long time.

However, you have to realize that the only tim hortons locations that are currently opening are in Quebec. There are currently few/no plans for expansion in Ontario> Therefore, isn't the market saturated for further growth?

Surely there's another way: by opening up bigger stores a-la what shoppers did. Shoppers went public, and quickly I've seen most of the old/ugly stores turning into brand new 2x as big stores, with 2x as much inventory. That's one way of growing, and getting around growing by store-openings.

However, timmy's already has big stores, and they can't sell more items like a hard-goods seller can. The only thing they can do is

1) open more
2) renovate current (not necessary considering the quality of stores out there now)
3) develop more products

The key question is, of course, will they/can they get into the US without fault? I went to Lake Placid and that would be a key market example as to where they can realize growth: lot's of canadian skiiers who travel there want something from "home". A lot of people slag Tim Hortons, but for every person wh ocomplains it's piss coffee, there are 10 people in line waiting for one. It's not about quality as much as convenience.

Anyways, if I were investing right now, I'd buy some and just forget about it. Same with Rona, same with Shoppers, and same with Canadian Tire.

Of course quick money will be made, but that's a much bigger risk. (DUH)

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Lovely N Amazin said:
why has every news story i've read about this say there's not much growth expected? will the stock doing well really depend on Tim's franchises succeeding in the U.S.?

There will be growth, just not at the pace it is currently experiencing.

Google did fall a little lately...

kuba

TRIBE Member
Lovely N Amazin said:
I know and you know it's very hard to make this comparison.

Who'se to say GOOG isn't extremely overvalued?

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Aerius Zension said:
Good luck trying to buy some/one. It's a long watinig line.

ROFL

Tim Horton's is going to level out somewhere between $24 and $28 per share.
Not worth buying right now. Not until (before) 1st quarter profits are announced.

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
Sold at 27.

"There are office pools going on where the stock closes on its first day of trading — something in the $32 to $35 range is a popular punt." From the Globe.

Techno_Lord

TRIBE Member
You have to keep in mind the reason why Wendy’s is making this offer it is to raise money to expand into the American market. So what better way to do it then by selling shares in the company so when the money is all gone and the expansion into the states is a failure we the share holders are left holding the bag with nothing to show for it but a bag of stale donuts. Don't buy into the hype.