• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tim Bosma - RIP

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I was away while all of this went down, initially (without knowing the entire story) I was thinking it was mob related. now it just seems like a wrong place wrong time situation.

I thought I'd suggest a few things for those of you selling cars online,

First and foremost always get their drivers license before you hand over the keys. I always take a photo of it and email it to my yahoo account or scan a copy.

Second make a note of the vehicle they show up in and document the plate number.

Third, if it's more than one person that shows up ask who the car is for and only allow that person to test drive the car. I normally let them take it out by themselves as I really have no need to know how the car drives and it provides them some time to park it and check it more thoroughly on their own without the seller there.

Fourth, document the names and phone numbers used to contact you throughout the process are they calling from the same number or is it different each time.

Lastly, if you notice anything strange you can always bail and make an excuse why you cannot do the test drive now.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
This event is so strange, so uncanny, and so tragic. My heart goes out to the family. Revenge comes to mind for those involved. I cant believe it. Disgusting across all fronts.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya its pretty crazy, that dude could have been any triber too - probably right close to average age here...

mingster

TRIBE Member
this is so crazy and so sad. my husband and i have been watching the news every day, hoping this man comes home to his family. so, so tragic. i can't come to terms with him going out for a test drive, waving to his wife and telling her he'll be back soon. and that's the last time she seems him alive.

we have a 2-year-old, and have sold 2 vehicles on craigslist in the last 2 years. so the randomness of this, how it happened to a regular guy just doing something totally regular is so scary.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
burned beyond recognition
believed to have been killed that night
now they're saying there was a trailing vehicle, which means potentially not just 1 other person who came to the house

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
maybe they were not just out to steal a truck.

" The pair showed up at the man’s business on foot in the middle of the day last Sunday, Kavanagh said.

“The owner of this vehicle was not harmed,” he said. ”He’s a very large individual and I think that was his advantage.” _ Missing Ancaster man Tim Bosma's cellphone found in Brantford | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

if their intent was to not only steal but fuck up/ murder someone, might be why they chose someone smaller than the guy from the previous sunday.

as well walking up on foot, getting dropped off at the different locations seems like they knew they would not be needing a ride away from the place.

wankers through and through.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
1st degree charges to be laid against Dellen Millard tomorrow.
sounds like the recovery of Tim's cell phone led them to Dellen.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
detective made it sound like legally, if a killing arises from forcible confinement, it's automatic 1st degree charge
So even if they went with intention of "just" robbing or scaring the guy, T.S. assholes.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
I've been following this story since it first broke and it saddens me to see this outcome.

I can't really figure out Dellen Millard's role in all of this. He had no criminal record and from a wealthy family with a secure future in the aviation industry. Why throw that all away for something as senseless as this?

I agree with Glych in that it appears that they wanted to fuck up/murder someone over stealing a truck.

Someone from Tribe knew Tim Bosma and posted some really nice sentiments about his nature and character, making this even harder to stomach.

RIP Tim.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
I just cant believe this.....over a truck? I just cant.
It doesn't really add up. It's not like Millard needed the money. Tim could easily identify them upon arrest.

It's the premeditated angle of this that's so unsettling. What did they expect was going to happen? Surely they mapped out the preparation for physical assault, which explains why they backed off from the bigger gentleman.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Once you start thinking about it less as a truck or item and more as $$$, then it becomes depressingly possible.
They "seem" well off, but this wouldn't be the first murder case where the ne'erdowell son completely loses moorings/structure to finance illegal activities once the wealthy old man dies, or just in general blows through money like water.
Or that theory could be completely off base and it could have been one of his buddies who just lost his temper.
We shall see.
And echoing others, randomness and fact many of us have toddlers makes it really resonate.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Horrible news.

I think they perps tried to knock him out when stealing the truck and inflicted too much damage that resulted in murder.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member

Someone from Tribe knew Tim Bosma and posted some really nice sentiments about his nature and character, making this even harder to stomach.

RIP Tim.
I read that too - so incredibly difficult to understand this crazy, bizarre, sad story.

That said, I'm sure there's more to the story. Like why isn't Millard talking? It's times like this that you almost wish for torture tactics to make them speak. Waterboard that asshat and help this family bring closure to an incredibly horrifying story.

rswbrixton

TRIBE Member
Tragic , scary , senseless , and mysterious .

You watch and i am sure - when police are done with this , 4-5 more people will be charged , and flyboy et al will in fact be tangled up in some other illegal activities . There is going to be a bigger story yet .

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Thanks to Rentboy & MM for leaving me with the choice of sharing this with Tribe. I am happy to do so as I feel it can give a minor glimpse of a young man I once knew. I can only imagine the grief those who love him are feeling.

I have copied this verbatim off my FB post which was written with my Iphone moments after the announcement today. I apologize for the poor grammar but see no reason to fix it.

I knew Tim Bosma. His father and my father worked together for more than 20 years and when I was 16 I started spending my summers working with them. In the last few years I was there Tim began working there the same way I did. The company (although had many ups and downs) was one that fostered family and in every part of it there were brothers, cousins, fathers & sons, husbands & wives. working together. I can only imagine how all those men and women feel right now.

When I knew Tim our entire lives were ahead of us. The idea that my memories of him then - tall and blond and free, could end this way in such a senseless and horrific way is incomprehensible.

This case has taken me to a time of my own innocence when my dear father was alive and I yearn to share in this and console him as I know he would be heartbroken by this. "He was a good fella, a real good guy" is what my dad would say about Tim. And he would be right.

As time goes on Tim Bosma's life will continue and will represent the Everyman. He is all of us - Trusting, caring and family oriented and those qualities are what he should be remembered for. They were exploited by sick and selfish people for their own gain.

For now though the focus should be on the life that was stolen from him and the loving family who has to make sense of this stupidity. Rest in peace Tim Bosma, you deserved so much better.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Horrible news.

I think they perps tried to knock him out when stealing the truck and inflicted too much damage that resulted in murder.
...and then....what to do with the body.....burying it will take too long...

Burn it?

*sigh*

You knew this wasn't going to end well. So sad.

Some people are absolutely terrible.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I cold called Delllen Millard a year ago (or was it two) for work. His family owns some real estate that a client was interested in.