• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Tiga @ Mod Club - May 5, 2006

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Got in no probs. Not too crowded. The dames were all 6 foot plus and the gentlemen were all kind of nerdy.

There were lots of people with B.O., stinky bums, and garlic breath.

Tiga was Tiga-y.

We saw Poot. She cleared up who the loud rock is.

Good shit. :)

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Tiga, Mod Club and Me

Just rolled in home with Amato in hand.

Such a good night.

I can't get into detail since my head is still buzzing, but you know when you have a night when all your shit lines up and everything goes just as planned and then you're surprised at how fucking great the night is after it's all said and done. That's me right now.

Tiga dropped some big time party tracks that made all the girlies (and me) go nuts.

MSTRCRFT dropped a killer set.

Not since Dresden, German 1945 have so many bombs been dropped in one night.

I'm fucking stoked and I could go for hours more.

When's the next train to Montreal?

Muffin

TRIBE Member
this is Tack...

man, oh man,....that party was so fucking off the hook good, I can't even describe it.

it's rare that the opening act sole the show for me, but all round, GRIMY, just so fucking ill.

gotta big up the OLD school heads I ran into, Tyler, Michelle bragga (thanks!) and everybody else who was rinsing it proper...nice to mee poot, and dr.funk

that was heavy.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
The string of texts that I received when I woke up this morning makes me wish I didn't sell my ticket! FunkMD I know babsteen will report the exact same as you did!

aki

TRIBE Promoter
i have to admit, after disliking MSTRKRFT for a long time, their set was killer. dirty dirty stomping shit. i didn't want to like it, but couldn't help myself. i no longer dislike them.

tiga's set was good, if not a bit too safe. he played his hits as expected. nothing mindblowing.

weird crowd. a strange mix of "electronic" folk and, i don't know, jocky kind of people.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
The string of texts that I received when I woke up this morning makes me wish I didn't sell my ticket! FunkMD I know babsteen will report the exact same as you did!
Why is it everyone calls/texts you when a party is going off?

Muffin

TRIBE Member
fuck, that was AWESOME. I had no idea what to expect of MSTRKRFT, but those dudes were crazy good (and their moustaches were enchanting). I don't even know how to categorize that - at one point my roommate turned to me and asked 'uhhh what would you call this music' and I honestly didn't know, other than HAAAAARD and fucking siiiiiick.

Tiga was good. I was disappointed that the show ended when it did though, and without an encore, but I guess the mod club isn't really an after-hours venue.

crowd was hilarious. props to the girl wearing a bathing suit and leggings and the dude in, like, a cadet uniform, among others - you made the crowd far less boring than a typical club night. very weird mix of people for sure, that's a good thing, but i will agree on the rampant BO problem - whoa :O .

nice to bump into some fellow tribers. Damon & Kyra, thanks for the ticket! SUPER glad I hit this. :)

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
got there at 10:30 to witness marioj spinning everything I love to hear to an empty floor. MSTRKRFT came on and it was nothing like what I expected (thank god). heir productions (liek the monster hospital remix) sound way too prog. circa 2003 (the shitty straight forward stuff). Their new track has daft punk filtered disco written all over it. However, these guys were baning it out - loud, angry and fast. everyone was digging it. good to see them rocking out on stage to the music as well.

the place got packed and I quickly noticed that 3/4 of the people there had no rythym - YOU ALL DANCE LIKE WHITE PEOPLE.

TIGA started drab but around the time he dropped "what else is there" the place went mad as he threw down bomb after bomb.

my whole crew was laughing, dancing andsweating all night. Superb venue and sound. AD/D deserves props for another mad mad party.

MSTRKRFT dropped a dope remix of The Juan Maclean. loved it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

why not

TRIBE Member
wish i could have made it, but geography and time weren't on my side.

glad to hear MSTRKRFT killed it, but i knew they would. y'all didn't believe me before did you?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Dr Funk MD said:
When's the next train to Montreal?
And how, homeboy.

Last night was a beatdown. I haven't heard big room grime and sleazey electro house bombs tossed down so hard since Weaver at Re-Connected.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Here's some of the more quality pictures I took last night. :D

When Tiga came on they released bubbles. Nothing like having a slippery beer bottle in hand while you're getting down.

Our man, in requisite trucker cap, is one handsome dude.

The lighting last night was really good.

Spinsah, clearly was enjoying the night, came up to the front to show his approval to the DJ. Note the bad ass leather jacket. Very cool customer.

And then there was this annoying chick who just wouldn't get off the stage and wanted to jiggle it for anyone who would look. So in the interest of perpetuating attention whoreism I'll post a picture of her doing what she did.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
hah

Earlier in the night I saw that chick flashed the guy selling flowers. He went up to her and her friend to ask them if they want to buy a flower, and she just opened her shirt for no reason.

Line of the night:
random girl: Wanna know where the after party is?
me: sure...
random girl: the after party is in my pants.
me:

Last edited:

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
One thing I love about the Return To New York Parties is that there are always lots of girls and they're really agressive. I've been molested more times at those parties than all other clubs combined.

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
got to the mod club around 11:30ish, the line-up in wasn't too long a wait. at first i thought the mod club was going to be a shitty venue for this event but it turns out i was wrong...i love neon screens, green lazer lights and lots of bubbles :)
it was absolutely PACKED in there. i would have liked a bit more room for dancing though. bloody hot too.
mstrkrft were fucking awesome, from the few mixes of theirs that i had heard i was expecting more of a "rock" vibe but as muffin said it was hard and sick, don't really know how else to describe it either...hard and sick sums it up nicely. tiga definitely lived up to all the hype i'd been hearing. he mixed in some vocals from a the knife track and that made me a very happy girl. probably the best party i've been to since new years!

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Dr Funk MD said:
And then there was this annoying chick who just wouldn't get off the stage and wanted to jiggle it for anyone who would look. So in the interest of perpetuating attention whoreism I'll post a picture of her doing what she did.
Showing of her panties to the whole world???

I'll bet her mom is proud.

Tearer

TRIBE Member
Tiga rocked a great party last night. Had to grease the bouncer to get in at 2am, but was worth the $20 for 2 hours of jumpin pumpin beats. Loved walking in hearing a Bloc Party remix of Banquet...

loumar

TRIBE Member
MSTRKRFT
[/URL][/IMG]
tiga
[/URL][/IMG]
tiga
[/URL][/IMG]
the chan klan
[/URL][/IMG]
pete and me
[/URL][/IMG]
the dancing bathing suit girls
[/URL][/IMG]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Either I had my hopes set too high, or I was too tired.

Seems like everyone else really enjoyed the show, but I felt lke there was something missing.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Dr Funk MD said:
One thing I love about the Return To New York Parties is that there are always lots of girls and they're really agressive. I've been molested more times at those parties than all other clubs combined.
Cocaine is a wonderful drug

Special K

TRIBE Member
Tearer said:
Tiga rocked a great party last night. Had to grease the bouncer to get in at 2am, but was worth the $20 for 2 hours of jumpin pumpin beats. Loved walking in hearing a Bloc Party remix of Banquet...
boyz noize mix = sickness

:D

ps. i wish i was able to hit this party up, it sounds like tiga + mstrkrft killed it!

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Special K said:
boyz noize mix = sickness
One of the highlight tracks of the night for sure.

Also, the crowd went nuts when he played You Gonna Want Me. While it's not really my favorite Tiga track if he didn't play it, it would be like going to see The Tragically Hip and have them play like, New Orleans is Sinking or something.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
Last night was a beatdown. I haven't heard big room grime and sleazey electro house bombs tossed down so hard since Weaver at Re-Connected.
wow - now there's a statement.