• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

TIFF: Where are the best places to go to AVOID celebrities?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Frankly, I don't want to meet any of them or their minders and bodyguards. Where can you go to avoid them completely? Scarborough? The Island? Celebrities suck IMO.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
Another joke thread eh?

I've lived downtown for 7 years, bike everywhere and I've never seen a single TIFF-related "celebrity" anywhere.

I think as long as you stay away from major movie theatres, Yorkville, high-end restaurants and hotels, you aren't going to see anyone.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
In which case it would be better to get out and shake your fist at the celebrities. Show them your surliness!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
Remington's.
Met someone pretty famous smoking out front during TIFF '11 who did NOT want to be photographed there.

but i got him anyway.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Well, if he didn't want to be photographed, he would've have gone out for a smoke. You can smoke upstairs in the VIP areas for the right price.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
It was in September 2004, but I believe it was right after TIFF when I bumped into Shannon Elizabeth and her entourage at the Brass Rail strip club. This sexy brunette vixen was having a jolly great time and getting lap dances for herself and her crew. :D

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Presumably you get bothered a lot by them during this time in them constantly trying to take your picture or interrupting you while you're just trying to have some soup with a pal at Zoe's?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mudbunny

TRIBE Member
You are right BBJ that was uncouth

I change my suggestion where to avoid celebrities to the Mongolian Grill

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
I guarantee you'll bump into a few celebrities grocery shopping at the Whole Foods supermarket in Yorkville during lunch hours this weekend.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Funny that, a crowd started roaring as my streetcar went by the Lightbox today. Two really well dressed people stepped out and camera phones were flying. I have no idea who they were.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea who they were.
Just Two really well dressed people probably.

I went out to the island today to escape the infernal TIFF propaganda and perhaps to find some gold rings. Biking between Hanlan's and Center Island on the way home I almost collided with a giant tent set up by the lighthouse filled with people in pretentious outfits, schmoozing to the sounds of DJ Mainstream on the wheels of laptop. Gah!

Tahoe

TRIBE Member
You almost collided with a tent? Did the tent jump out from behind a bush or were you too concerned with not seeing celebrities that you didn't see the tent? Either is funny.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
You almost collided with a tent? Did the tent jump out from behind a bush or were you too concerned with not seeing celebrities that you didn't see the tent? Either is funny.
Almost collided with people going to and from tent.