• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Tiesto and 2 mixers?

Littlej

TRIBE Member
what is this guy doing with 2 mixers?

not in this pic ..this is just for fun..but i have herd he uses 2 mixers.y?

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
how come the one guy who looks like he's getting his groove on also happens to look like he does?

Mike Goodwin

TRIBE Member
ya that crowd looks like there at some type of seminar on how to use the equipment or sumpthin. In fact the people that where at the long and mc quade final scratch seminar looked more excited than that.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
cept for the sketchbag in green on the right making the vagina symbol. he looks like he's having a great time.

Littlej

TRIBE Member
These dudes prolly are waiting for good music..but really why or how can you use 2 mixers in a setup? with 3 j1000 2 turntables...

coleridge

TRIBE Member
He probably wants each of the turntables and CD players to be on their own channel. He also wants to use the craptastic Pioneer mixer which only has 4 channels, so he uses a second mixer that plugs into a channel on the first mixer. You could then have three sources attached to one mixer, and four sources attached to the second which then output to the fourth channel on the first mixer. Cueing might be an interesting challenge though.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
For a guy who spins in a genre that requires you to mix, like what, once every ten minutes at the most, why does he need so many playback devices? Is there such thing as triple decking a trance set?

Littlej

TRIBE Member
ya this dude totally give me the impresssion that he is working so vary hard to make this set...

does he even have more then 2 going @ once...or what...maybe he just cant organise his shit so he just rather have everything cued.up...

physix

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
For a guy who spins in a genre that requires you to mix, like what, once every ten minutes at the most, why does he need so many playback devices? Is there such thing as triple decking a trance set?

hahahahahah!!!

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
^---- agreed.
that mixer looking thingy to Tiestos' right isnt for sound IMO.
maybe just spot lights.

erm...nevermind.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlej
what is this guy doing with 2 mixers?

not in this pic ..this is just for fun..but i have herd he uses 2 mixers.y?

yeah...not in this pic.
me dum dum.