• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ticket brokers - Leafs season tickets

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Does anybody have a reputable ticket broker that they work with? I need to source a few sets of Leafs Seasons tickets in gold and platinum sections.

I usually use one broker but their fees just sky rocketed.

PM me if you know anyone.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
It seems that double to face value plus 75% is about going rates from last year and this year.

I'm trying to shop around a bit.

billy

TRIBE Member
i don't know of any good brokers, but here's an interesting stat.

number of leaf seasons tickets subscriptions sent out - 15,700
number of people who didn't subscribe - 4

acheron

TRIBE Member
I bet if you bought a pair of good season's tickets for the leafs you'd have no difficulty selling off at least half of the nights and make a tidy profit in the process. A bit of work, no doubt but a good payoff.

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
acheron said:
I bet if you bought a pair of good season's tickets for the leafs you'd have no difficulty selling off at least half of the nights and make a tidy profit in the process. A bit of work, no doubt but a good payoff.
I have a facebook group doing exactly that. I have 2 sets of season Leaf tickets--one pair of golds and the other are reds. PM me for the link if anyone is interested...

kuba

TRIBE Member
Wanna know a better way to make some easy money?

Someone I know set up an incorporated business. He runs it for "charity". He runs survivor pools in all sports, $100 to enter, and makes about $90,000 running these pools every year.

WTF!

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
billy said:
i don't know of any good brokers, but here's an interesting stat.

number of leaf seasons tickets subscriptions sent out - 15,700
number of people who didn't subscribe - 4
And those four people are dead and forgot to leave the season tickets in the will.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
I'm surprised that the team owners haven't found a way to license the seats to season ticket holders (instead of sell) so that the team benefits from the huge resale prices instead of the ticket holders.

Its really not the broker's fault that resale prices are so high.

and no, I'm not a ticket broker!

bitchass

TRIBE Member
Bernnie Federko said:
MLSE does charge Seasons Subscribers a seat licence
I mean one step further though, and actually selling the season tickets as 'to be used by the owner only' and if someone else shows up with the tickets, charging an additional fee.

Its all nice to treat your long time season ticket holders to a consistent, discounted price but if doing so drives the market price to a point where selling a couple tickets pays for the entire rest of the tickets - perhaps the retail price isn't high enough?

Jack the prices by 25%+ and buy yourself a better team!