• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

~*...thumbing a ride...*~

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
wemf 2001... hitched from bobcaygeon to peterborough after having horrible time with that shutdown drama and the worst bus ride out there ever.

my friend and I were exhausted and zombied but two nice men from Kawartha Bath and Tile drove us to town where we spent the rest of the weekend with friends bitching about ravers and bad parties.

neither of us wanted to pass out in the car cause they were stranger with moustaches so we kept hitting each other to keep ourselves alert.

I think I drooled on their backseat though.

randyval

TRIBE Member
that 420 guy said:
have you ever hitched a ride before?

what's the farthest you've travelled hitch hiking?

share your hitching stories here
i tryed once..........
ended up traveling 150km in 3 days, i damn near could have walked it.
come to think of it, it actualy wasnt that bad of an experience.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I've hitched quite a bit in europe.

My friend from EA Sports gave up one day and decided to try hitching from Vancouver to Ottawa. He was successful and said it was fairly easy.

And when the shutdown fiasco happened at Bobcaygeon we just walked around the back and went in for free, not to be discouraged by the likes of Kryziu who gave up and did one.

-jM
A&D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
So, I guess the EA Sports dude hitched about 4000km and it took him about two weeks, but he said he could have done it faster.

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
I once hitched from the base of Allen Rd. to the doorstep of my family's cottage on Georgian Bay in five hitches.

1st: Base of Allen Rd (Eglinton Ave.) to 401 Ramp to 400.
2nd: 400 to Barrie exit 98
3rd: Bayfield Ave (exit 98) to Wyevale
4th: Wyevale to Tiny Concession 14
5th: My uncle was passing by and picked me up for the rest of the way (about 2km) - I had been planning to walk it...

Only the 2nd hitch asked me to buy him a coffee in exchange for the trip - he was a Hydro lineman going home.

No one was sketchy and I had decent conversations with everyone... Only time I was nervous was hitching on the 400 series 'cuz you stand just as much a chance of being picked up by the cops as you do anyone else.

...this was back when I was about 18-19.

bushka

TRIBE Member
When I was 14 a friend and I once hitched a ride with a truck full of soldiers. We were at cadet camp and sneaked off to go into town about 30 min. away. This was in Europe and hitching a ride was common, especially with soldiers who kept calling us their little "sisters" (we had our cadet uniforms on).

I don't think I would ever do it now.

Mrs. Brick

TRIBE Member
i got stranded at wonderland when i was 13, this smoking hot lady drove me home and gave me money. i lucked out so hard the first time i figure if i ever try it again i will probably end up in a trunk.

Bean

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
Only time I was nervous was hitching on the 400 series 'cuz you stand just as much a chance of being picked up by the cops as you do anyone else.
it's actually illegal to be a pedestrian (/hitchhike) on a 400-series highway.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Only hitched once and it was enough reason not to do it again.

Me and a buddy hitched up from London to come to the E! Network NYE party for 1996/97 (I think). Getting up was actually pretty easy, we got up to Toronto in one shot thanks to one guy who even left us with a few smokes when he dropped us off.

Coming back was a little different. First ride was drunk, he only drove us from Toronto to Guelph. Got from Guelph to Kitchener with a reasonable person, but the last leg was the worst. An old jalopy of a car being driven by another drunk guy. We were tired as shit and wanted to get home, and by the time we found out he was drunk it was too late. When he asked us to pass the bottle from the back so he could refill his glass, we were a little hesitant, so at the next rest station, buddy gets out and gives my friend the wheel so he can keep drinking. As he's drinking, he regales us with the story of his weekend, and how he had to break into his parent's place in Barrie so that he could steal his license back. You see, he's wanted on coke charges and wants to cross the border. :rolleyes:

I think the most unsettling part of the ride was that when he drove us into London, his final destination was just two blocks from my house, but I told him I lived across town and we'd take the bus - I didn't want that guy knowing where I lived.

Katman

TRIBE Member
I hitched from Toronto to Ottawa back in the day. First and last time.

This nice old guy picked me up and said he could take me as far as Kingston. After an hour or so he said that if I let him give me a blowjob, he would take me the entire way to Ottawa. I politely refused and then he offered me $500 as well. I told him to pull the fuck over and let me out..which he did. I didn't feel particularly scared, but was really freaked out.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Katman said:
I hitched from Toronto to Ottawa back in the day. First and last time.

This nice old guy picked me up and said he could take me as far as Kingston. After an hour or so he said that if I let him give me a blowjob, he would take me the entire way to Ottawa. I politely refused and then he offered me $500 as well. I told him to pull the fuck over and let me out..which he did. I didn't feel particularly scared, but was really freaked out.
out of all the stories so far I figured more would have ended like this...

"yeah so uh... since I'm giving you a ride and all... do you think you could give me a wash?"

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
I hitched home from one of the WEMF's. We got lucky back of a van filled with pillows and we split a joint on the way home. Dropped of at my doorstep.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
I once hitched from the base of Allen Rd. to the doorstep of my family's cottage on Georgian Bay in five hitches.

1st: Base of Allen Rd (Eglinton Ave.) to 401 Ramp to 400.
2nd: 400 to Barrie exit 98
3rd: Bayfield Ave (exit 98) to Wyevale
4th: Wyevale to Tiny Concession 14
Ha, that's right near where I grew up...

Longest I've hitched is maybe a couple km's, through downtown toronto...me and my friend Kelly caught a ride to her friend's place last november, and he was a pretty cool dude.

Yep, I'm adventerous I tell ya!

Katman

TRIBE Member
vench said:
out of all the stories so far I figured more would have ended like this...

"yeah so uh... since I'm giving you a ride and all... do you think you could give me a wash?"
Honestly, I think I would have understood that better. I found it particularly weird that he wanted to give me the BJ.

Katman

TRIBE Member
This thread reminded me about a friend of mine who was hitching back from Tree planting. He was picked up by a guy and after a few minutes realized that that the guy had his dick out of his pants. He was completely normal beside this one (albiet disturbing) fact. After a while, my friend thought that perhaps be didn't realize that he was exposed. After a few hours, they pulled over for gas.. the guy calmly 'tucked back in' and paid for the gas. After they got back in the car, he once again pulled 'er back out. He carried on completely normal conversation for the next few hours before letting my friend off near the 401.

<shrugs>

SlipperyPete

TRIBE Member
I did some hitching in Europe, mainly in the Baltics.
Hitched from Vilnius, Lithuania to Riga, Latvia. Woman took me way the fuck on a tangent to visit her grandmother's grave or some shit, and then dropped me smack in the middle of some town, far away from where she promised to take me (Riga) and far away from major roads going in that direction. A couple of high school guys waiting for a bus saw me looking lost & pissed, walked with me for about 15 minutes to show me where the stop for the bus out of town was, and told the bus driver to let me off @ the freeway and which direction to point me in.
Turns out that bus stopped at the bus terminal, so I jumped a bus to Riga.

Riga to Tallinn (Estonia) -- cool Milita tools salesman picked me up and dropped me right at the main train station. Good guy, good conversation. I still have his business card -- anyone need a belt sander w/ Estonian instructions?

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Katman said:
This thread reminded me about a friend of mine who was hitching back from Tree planting. He was picked up by a guy and after a few minutes realized that that the guy had his dick out of his pants. He was completely normal beside this one (albiet disturbing) fact. After a while, my friend thought that perhaps be didn't realize that he was exposed. After a few hours, they pulled over for gas.. the guy calmly 'tucked back in' and paid for the gas. After they got back in the car, he once again pulled 'er back out. He carried on completely normal conversation for the next few hours before letting my friend off near the 401.

<shrugs>
maybe the driver was saying "hey, this is my cock. I'm giving you a ride, it's here for you if you want, if not, it's just getting air. Either way... it's here... waiting for you... and air.

And you"

that's disturbing.

evil homer

TRIBE Member
all over vancouver island and the salt springs. only once in ontario, from kingston out to frontenac park, and then back again a few days later. I was always with someone else and never had any incidents - negative or positive.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories