• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

thread for smokers that have quit #2934837

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
How long have you quit for and do you still get the cravings?

Let me first say that a couple days or a couple weeks, or even months is NOT quitting.

I'm talking more like a couple years.

I haven't smoked in about 3 years, but as of lately, i've been doing it socially. Even after 3 years I still felt like smoking one, and everytime I did, it was like smoking crack.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Im all over the board.

The shortest I've ever quit was prolly something rediculous like a day or two. The longest quit was 2 years.

Right now Im smoking again, but I think its time to try and kick the habit once and for all. Especially with this weather, I barely even feel the urge to take a puff.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
mmmm... sweet crack.

the cravings never go away completely, you just get to handling them better over time. plus, aftera while, you've made so much progress in quitting that actually giving in becomes a huge step backwards that's not worth losing all of your progress.

after a good 2+ years of no smoking, i got sucked back in last summer, and only in january was able to "quit" again.

even now i get mad cravings when i'm around people smoking.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I just started to quit..
only 3 weeks so far but on Saturday was my friends birthday and we went to Joes (bar on john and richmond) and two of my friends are chain smokers. They were smoking right beside me except, the smell was so gross and it irritated my nose.

The only time i felt like having a smoke was when i was drinking, but then i just tried to ignore my cravings..

3 weeks isn't long but it feels like it's been months.

On the sunday i felt like i smoked a pack bc my throat was all scratchy because of all the smoke that was in the bar. I kept hacking.

My mother quit for over 10 years and over the past 2 years or so started smoking again :(

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kat

TRIBE Member
about 2 years?

i cheat sometimes when i drink/other..but thats not all that often. i'd say only a few times a year.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
mmmm... sweet crack.
That's what it's like though. Whenever I smoke now I get this insance headrush and sometimes it's accompanied by a body buzz.

Alita

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
How long have you quit for and do you still get the cravings?

Quit for about 4 years now...but i still have an occasional smoke when I'm really stressed or whatever. for the 1st year or 2 I was really disgusted by smoke, it really made me feel sick....but that wore off. I still get cravings sometimes...but I guess since there is no physical addiction for me to deal with, brushing those feelings aside is easy.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
longest without going for a cigarette: almost 4 years

[started back up for almost 3]

now: a couple of months.

-yes i started at 13-

chooch

TRIBE Member
i'm back smoking now...but have quit for up to 2.5 years...a few times. : (

actually i heard about a contest for a mini cooper if you quit smoking for 60 days before the March 30th deadline...does anyone know anything about this?? i really want to be a nonsmoker again. it really is an evil habit.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories