1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

This years hot Xmas toys.

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by unique2100, Sep 27, 2010.

1. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

I'm already looking for [​IMG]
    Special Agent Oso for my niece, but don't wanna pay $80+ on Ebay. What else is gonna be hot for the little kids this year?

2. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

3. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I had a wood burning kit!

4. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

hey so did I!!!! That being said, it was one of those toys I was so stoked to get, but then ended up being one of the most anticlimactic ever.

5. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

I think you are all ignoring the clearly demonstrated fact that the above can burn images of skateboarders into mere wood. Therefore, this is an Extreme Wood Burning Kit. Show some respect.

6. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

you're totally right. The one I had was merely wild horses running through fields.

7. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

just think of some of the toys we got as kids.
    wood burning kits, rocket kits, bb guns, easy bake ovens, i forget the name but the plastic you stuck in the oven which magically shrunk(you know that shit wasnt toxic or anything)...sweet leaping jesus no way that shit would ever be given to a kid now...LOL
    reminds me of that snl skit with dan akroyd shilling toys..LOL

8. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

btw, wtf is an Special Agent Oso?? I'm not so down with the toys these days.

9. alexd

I had that one too I think...

10. alexd

Special Agent Oso is probably a toy made entirely of nuclear waste, or at a minimum; cadmium and lead.

11. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

lol, does that mean he has special radioactive powers?

12. unique2100

BBJ: That thing much like your penis was called "Shrinky Dinks".

[​IMG]
    I also had a field running horse esq wood burning kit.

What is Special Agent Oso? I have no idea, but I gotta get it to be a hero uncle. :p

13. basketballjones

that isnt what your mom and sister say, but i digress

the best toy i ever got was the rip cord smash up derby cars

parents complain about a little lead in toys nowadays...what sissies!

14. unique2100

Lawn Darts FTW!

15. alexd

It's that tweaked out yellow creature with the ADHD eyes pictured in the first post. A disney character no less, so you know there have been millions spent in market research and development.

16. unique2100

"He's a special agent appearing as a colorful panda bear that helps children. He has a computerized assistant named "Paw Pilot" who tells Oso the 'three special steps' he needs to accomplish for his current mission. When he accomplishes the tasks, he gets a reward called the "Digi-Medal". Oso is a children's parody of James Bond."

Came out in 2008 so unless you've go kids you wouldn't know it.

17. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

yeah I saw what he looks like here but didn't know who he was or what he does. I'm still confused even after googling him. I then called my soon to be 5 year old nephew to ask him if he knew, and he said "yeah neenie, i know him, and he's lame". So at least I don't have to get him one now :)

18. unique2100

HAAH lucky you. My niece is 2.5 and apparently doesn't know he aint cool. :p

19. alexd

I smell a movie in the works

20. basketballjones

[​IMG]

freaking loved these things!

21. unique2100

22. basketballjones

hell yeah, pretty much every piece of it will pop off and then becomes a choking hazard!!
    they had all kinds of diff ones too, awesome toy

23. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

although I was better known for being a tomboy and playing with army men and GI Joe's in the backyard garden etc....I was actually a little girl who very much enjoyed playing with this.....albeit inside where none of my guy friends would see me :p

[​IMG]

24. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

25. NemIsis

NemIsis TRIBE Member

^ I had a meth lab *cough* science kit. Begged my mom for months. She couldn't understand why her little girl wanted one.

And this:
    [​IMG]