• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

This Week In History

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
In 1887, German immigrant Emile Berliner (1851-1929) working in Washington, D.C, invented a system of recording which could be used over and over again, and from which many copies of the original recording could be made. Berliner also switched from a cylinder type medium to the flat disk or record. Berliner patented the gramophone. Another inventor, Elridge Johnson patented a spring motor for the gramophone. The motor made the turntable revolve at an even speed -- no more hand cranking of the gramophone...

:D

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Big frikken deal. My technic turntable would kick that things ass. Why do I owe them any props? For making shitty record players?

Pffffft!

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
January 6th in History
1535: City of Lima (Peru) founded by Francisco Pizarro
1838: Samuel Morse gives the first demonstration of the electric telegraph
1912: New Mexico becomes 7th American state
1945: The Battle of the Bulge, in the Ardennes, starts
1972: Vladimir Bukovski is exiled from USSR

January 6th birthdays
1412: Joan of Arc, French martyr
1745: Jaques Montgolfier, French inventor who built first hot air balloon
1832: Gustave Dore, French illustrator
1878: Carl Sandburg, American poet
1913: Loretta Young, American film actress
1931: Edgar Laurence (aka. E.L.) Doctorow, American writer.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Damn I just gots schoolded!

My Ukranian co-worker is all dolled up because she's going out to foriegn Christmas tonight. My Italian in-laws have a religious holiday tonight. We're going over there for some dinner.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
Damn I just gots schoolded!

My Ukranian co-worker is all dolled up because she's going out to foriegn Christmas tonight. My Italian in-laws have a religious holiday tonight. We're going over there for some dinner.
what the hell is foreign christmas?

it's slavic christmas tomorrow you jew

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
what the hell is foreign christmas?

it's slavic christmas tomorrow you jew
Hey! I'm no dirty jew you fucking fag!

Foriegn Christmas. You know? It's the Christmas for all the people who look white but aren't really white.