• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

This thread is art

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
It occurs to me after seeing some of Nuit Blanche the last few years that it is 'art' if you say it is. So therefore I am calling this thread art.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
seriously

dude needs to get a dayjob or start combing beaches for gold rings again

he's quite the cantakerous fellow around here lately :p

kuba

TRIBE Member
It is a common reaction after nuit blanche to think that what you saw was labeled as art yet doesn't fit your preconceived definition. Art is obviously subjective. A lot of it may suck, but it's art because it is displayed and the artist at hand was creating something out of their mind and onto the "canvas" - whatever the canvas may be. To put on a show like nb requires a vast array of creativity, some good and some bad, some awful even, but I don't think people were the artists should be given flack for it just because you didn't like it. I think they should be appreciated for trying something and getting out there, displaying their craft.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Talk is cheap. The artists that actually participated in NB get my props for doing something and then going through the hoops, and the application process to get it seen.

I am not whining here, I am actually inspired and awed that pretty much anything can be considered art. It doesn't have to be political, ironic, satirical, or renaissance; you just have to call it art and it becomes that! Amazing, when you think about it.

Thunder

TRIBE Member
My girlfriend was taking random photos of just about anything, she over heard people behind her say once "look she's taking a photo of that, it IS art!"

She was taking a picture something random at a construction site.

Lots of pissed off people friends this year who tried to see things at Nuit Blanche. If I wasn't working I would have loved the opportunity to try all the new food trucks I've been meaning to check out.

Food/Booze + Music = Art?

acheron

TRIBE Member
i was amused to see NuitBlanchers peeking through the cutouts at a construction site, wondering if it was an installation.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
i was amused to see NuitBlanchers peeking through the cutouts at a construction site, wondering if it was an installation.
Construction Site Cutout
A visual representation of man's willingness to bend nature to further his own ends. Using a simple rectangular shape, the artist conveys the immense depth man will go to change his surroundings and create economic bubbles in urban environments.