• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

This shouldn't be a surprise to most of you

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
yeah
never heard of him

he must be one of the vegas djs who is making more than celine dion and presses play on a cd and then crowd surfs in an inflatable raft he blows up as he is "mixing'

edm got hip hopped. zero talent, lots of hype and will be forgotten in 2 years.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
I don't know who Calvin Harris is either. In order for names like this to be constantly slid under your nose, you need to 'like' radically different stuff on facebook. What may seem "all over your media screen" to you, was just a momentary and forgettable blip to me (and apparently bbj too). :p

Beings

TRIBE Member
zomg, sellouts are the richest, what a surprise.

PS. Saw Calvin Harris in Ibiza last year at amnesia. It's like listening to a z103 mixtape. I actually didn't know who he was either, but the island was littered with his posters. Fat British girls seem to love him, the place was rammed.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
i love the videos of 5 guys behind the "mixer' all massaging different knobs and buttons, yet, NOTHING IS PLUGGED IN!!

the fact the edm lovers go mental over a guy who is playing a fucking cd and calling said person a "dj" god, goes to show how much thought is put into this new craze

edm is the red lobster of music

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
we used to talk about sell outs of jungle djs back in the day if the tune hit the air waves (original nutter), it is nothing like it is today

case in point

guetta used to make wicked tunes....now fromunda cheese that gets large play on the pop stations

[YOUTUBE]21TbrOu50Tw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

videotronic

TRIBE Member
I don't know who Calvin Harris is either. In order for names like this to be constantly slid under your nose, you need to 'like' radically different stuff on facebook. What may seem "all over your media screen" to you, was just a momentary and forgettable blip to me (and apparently bbj too). :p

yeah...its not really "all over my media screen" its all over like..the world....life.

his last album had 9 x top 10 tunes on it, stealing a guinness world record from michael jackson. he wrote and produced "we found love" by rihanna, which was #1 everywhere and went double platinum, selling like 1.5 million copies. not knowing who he is isn't like..some notch in the belt of your underground cool guy "cred" it just kind of makes you look like unfrozen cave man lawyer or something.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
what cred? good music is good music. pop is not good music. ppl arent going to pull out old rhianna/calvin harris mp3s and tell their kids about how good it used to be.

it is made to be forgotten. nickleback used to be the biggest thing remember

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
yeah...its not really "all over my media screen" its all over like..the world....life.

his last album had 9 x top 10 tunes on it, stealing a guinness world record from michael jackson. he wrote and produced "we found love" by rihanna, which was #1 everywhere and went double platinum, selling like 1.5 million copies. not knowing who he is isn't like..some notch in the belt of your underground cool guy "cred" it just kind of makes you look like unfrozen cave man lawyer or something.

top 10 where? I don't listen to pop radio stations or have cable. I can choose what I want to hear on youtube or wherever else. That was my point, my friend! Your vantage point on the world would look radically different depending on where you're standing... :D

[YOUTUBE]m86ae_e_ptU[/YOUTUBE]

videotronic

TRIBE Member
dude you walk through malls. you shop in stores. you eat in restaurants. its literally impossible to escape that music unless you live in a bubble.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
he doesn't listen to the radio. has 0 exposure to it. wears earplugs when in public so as to not let his delicate aural canals be besmirched by tripe such as that which we describe.

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
he doesn't listen to the radio. has 0 exposure to it. wears earplugs when in public so as to not let his delicate aural canals be besmirched by tripe such as that which we describe.

Y'know, people can be perfectly normal and not listen to or care to be informed of the latest goings on in the world of pop electronic superstars.

Your repeated belittling of those who claim to not be in the know makes you sound like a petulant teenager; apropos, considering the intended audience of the music.