• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

This shouldn't be a surprise to most of you

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
My favourite comment:

I HAVE 2 COMMENTS.

They should change the title to the 30th richest business men that AUTO BEATMATCH CDJS for people with horrible electronic music taste.

THE ONE THING WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM THIS ARTICLE IS THAT, DESPITE BEING WORTH 65 MILLION DOLLARS, TIESTO'S TASTE IN WOMEN IS AS ATROCIOUS AS HIS TASTE IN MUSIC.
LOL

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
You guys obviously don't know that the reason why Tiesto is worth.
$65 million is because.
he owns his own clothing line,
he's been on the dance circuit since the 90's so he's a veteran,
he offers a paid fan club membership,
he has more world tours than anyone else on this list,
he's sponsored by big name brands like Coca Cola, Smirnoff, Pioneer, and a few others,
and he has his own record label which lets him keep the majority of his sales to himself as well as a portion of the sales of the artists that he signs.
Tiesto is admired throughout the dance world as a great artist but in the economic world he is revered as a brilliant business man.
Interesting, I did not know he had a clothing line. Tiësto Clothing Men

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rawd

TRIBE Member
#10: Moby Net Worth $28 million
#9: Daft Punk Net Worth – $30 million each
#8: Pete Tong Net Worth – $30 million

what

shouldn't that be 30 x 2 = 60

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I'm surprised by Sasha and Digweed's numbers, they seem too high for me.

I also think Afrojack is worth way more that 2 million. I figure he's pulling in at least that much a year gross before he pays all his management. The guy just bought and totaled within an hour and brand new $300,000 Ferrari a few months ago.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Deadmau5 and Richie Hawtin played a B2B at SXSW, and apparently it was pretty good and rather complimentary.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
I guess Richie didn't deign to reveal his income (probably due to less-inflated ego than the rest of them) ... 'cuz he would defo be on that list the amount he works

videotronic

TRIBE Member
this article is so stupid. a bunch of the people on the list were making fun of it on twitter when it came out. this guy who writes these things is a complete fucking toolbox. he basically just picks numbers out of a hat.

the fact that richie hawtin wasn't mentioned is moronic. the guy makes good cheddar to dj, has been doing it for eons, plus also had equity in beatport (just sold for 762476 bazillion dollars) and if im not mistaken had equity in final scratch as well, before it was sold to serato....

videotronic

TRIBE Member
Does Judge Jules still DJ? Surprised he's on that list.
judge jules had a lot of business interests outside of just DJing. he promoted a few clubnights in ibiza for years, was part owner of manifesto (cash cow label for 12"s and mixes back in the day) and owned a few restaurants too..

keep in mind too that he was at the pinnacle of his fame as club culture in the uk was exploding, and a guy like him would play like 2-3 gigs per night every weekend.

that said i highly doubt that number is accurate, just as i doubt the accuracy of the rest of the list as well.

ian

TRIBE Member
Should I know these people?

#29: Markus Schulz Net Worth – $2 million
#26: Martin Solveig Net Worth – $3 million
#23: Gareth Emery Net Worth – $5 million
#20: ATB aka Andre Tanneberger – $8 million
#19: Calvin Harris Net Worth – $10 million

Guess I am out of touch. Those names don't ring any bells. . .

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter

Guess I am out of touch. Those names don't ring any bells. . .
Ian, I know you travelled in more underground circles, but surely you know this atrocity to music?

[YOUTUBE]ri6Efk1SPJc[/YOUTUBE]

octo

TRIBE Member
Ian, I know you travelled in more underground circles, but surely you know this atrocity to music?

[YOUTUBE]ri6Efk1SPJc[/YOUTUBE]
i liked that tune :eek:

never seen the video before. gonna post it on facebook.

the ones in bold are the ones i've seen live.

the *** i'd pay to see

#30: Afrojack Net Worth – $2 million
#29: Markus Schulz Net Worth – $2 million
#28: Darude Net Worth – $2.5 million
#27: Kaskade Net Worth – $3 million
#26: Martin Solveig Net Worth – $3 million
#25: Eric Prydz Net Worth – $4 million
#24: Swedish House Mafia Net Worth – $4 million each
#23: Gareth Emery Net Worth – $5 million <-Never heard of this guy
#22: Avicii Net Worth – $6 million
#21: Skrillex Net Worth – $8 million
#19: Calvin Harris Net Worth – $10 million
#18: Deadmau5 Net Worth – $12 million
#17: Benny Benassi Net Worth – $14 million
#16: Carl Cox Net Worth – $15 million ***
#15: The Chemical Brothers Net Worth – $15 million ***
#14: Ferry Corsten Net Worth – $18 million
#13: Steve Aoki Net Worth – $20 million
#12: Fatboy Slim Net Worth – $22 million ***
#11: David Guetta Net Worth – $25 million
#10: Moby Net Worth $28 million ***
#9: Daft Punk Net Worth – $30 million each ***
#8: Pete Tong Net Worth – $30 million
#7: Judge Jules Net Worth – $40 million
#6: Sasha (DJ) Net Worth – $40 million
#5: Armin Van Buuren Net Worth – $40 million
#4: John Digweed Net Worth – $45 million
#3: Paul van Dyk Net Worth – $50 million
#2: Paul Oakenfold Net Worth – $55 million

#1: DJ Tiesto Net Worth – $65 million

Last edited:

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
so if warren buffet all of a sudden decided to spin a set at a cigar lounge somewhere, he would have made the top of this list?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Say's who, the douchebags that would have gone to that show?
Says The Star's Ben Rayner, I music journalist who knows dance music better than most.

It took the two studio rats, each rocking an uncharacteristically minimal array of electronic gear, a bit of time to feel each other out and massage their back-and-forth transitions into something approaching seamless, but that was part of the fun; the two-hour beat down was audibly live, utterly improvised on the fly and enjoyably raw. Hard as nails, too.

Although the end results might differ in complexity and appeal to different strata of electronic-music fans, Hawtin and Deadmau5 are both, at heart, adherents of punishing maxi-minimalism who can seriously bang it when they want to, and they really let us have it on Tuesday night. By the end of it, in fact, they’d sent a good third of the Stubb’s crowd fleeing into the streets of Austin and the volume was so intense that one half-expected to see flocks of migratory birds falling stunned from the sky.

Hawtin was maybe the dominant partner in this enterprise, but Deadmau5 — who’s a wee bit younger than Hawtin and admitted earlier in the day that he was slightly awestruck at the opportunity to play alongside Plastikman — held his own and reaped a good shot of credibility from the experience. And again: it was fun. I think that was the point. “Serious” electronic-music fans, myself included, sometimes forget that we’re allowed to enjoy music at a visceral level. It doesn’t have to be academic. It can just be a good time. This was a good time.
SXSW: Canadian acts Tegan & Sara, Japandroids, Deadmau5 help kick off music showcase - thestar.com

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders