• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

this looks very promising

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~decepticon~
i refuse to buy numark products!
my first set o' decks were numarks. worst mistake i've ever made. i liked the sm-1 though, and i hear their newer stuff is pretty nice.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
As we get closer to the end of vinyl ....
i was more thinking this is great for production. burn whatever the hell you want on a cd, then scratch the shit out of it. same idea as the pioneer cdj-800/1000, only the record is actual size.

the fact is, vinyl has been obsolete for a while, but the labels keep churning out records, because despite its obsolesence, vinyl remains the medium of choice for most dj's.

final scratch was also supposed to herald the end of vinyl, but it hasn't, and it won't.. these are things that should be used in conjuction with records, rather than replacing them.

you just have to trust that people who are interested in keeping this scene alive will continue to buy records. people who don't support the labels, and download all their choons for use with final scratch or whatever have no place amongst real dj's.

we all know how boring it can be to watch a dj working with cd's, so i certainly hope we don't have to fear the end of vinyl just yet.
[fingers crossed]

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
with a few exceptions most dj's are so drab to watch.
The debate I said my piece and its day is coming. Argue all you want it will happen....maybe not tomor, or the day after but give it time.

Final scratch with a USB interface..GEEE I wonder why it failed. Run your audio, control mechanisms all through that little port and it can do a good job just not as fast as hands on.

Of course CD is not the way to change people over, though often its better than vinyl it will be new formats. Its might even be the new formats that go straight to a hard drive. As for supporting the labels I am all for that and think that there will be a time it wont be mp3 but some true hi rez format paid for on an electonic network(highspeed) that will do this.

just my opinion.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
I think the old school vinyl looking interface is cute -its an old school 'LP' with several tracks on it. Are they trying to appeal to wedding DJs?

pkthedj

Originally posted by docta seuss
i was more thinking this is great for production. burn whatever the hell you want on a cd, then scratch the shit out of it. same idea as the pioneer cdj-800/1000, only the record is actual size.

the fact is, vinyl has been obsolete for a while, but the labels keep churning out records, because despite its obsolesence, vinyl remains the medium of choice for most dj's.

final scratch was also supposed to herald the end of vinyl, but it hasn't, and it won't.. these are things that should be used in conjuction with records, rather than replacing them.

you just have to trust that people who are interested in keeping this scene alive will continue to buy records. people who don't support the labels, and download all their choons for use with final scratch or whatever have no place amongst real dj's.

we all know how boring it can be to watch a dj working with cd's, so i certainly hope we don't have to fear the end of vinyl just yet.
[fingers crossed]

WORD!

maddog

TRIBE Member
What do you know me or something!!??!! How would you know the extent of my record collection then? Hey I know you though, you used to work at that wack record store that closed down.

jasonchaos

TRIBE Promoter
I was speaking with a sound guy for an American company can't remember which one but he had a lot of good things to say about the new New Mark turntables, some features apparently are better than even 1200's such as torque etc.
I am however loyal to the 12's all the way through, the new techniques cd player is sick, to bad i already have a pair af pioneer's product, but pretty much the same idea!

Jason

Kid Epic

TRIBE Member
What do you know me or something!!??!! How would you know the extent of my record collection then? Hey I know you though, you used to work at that wack record store that closed down.

:rolleyes:

physix

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kid_Epic
i think i heard somewhere that Technics is making a CD turntable 1200 too???

if you mean simply a CD deck, then you're
way behind, they already have one.

if you're referring to the HYBRID system, then
yes, they are planning to make that.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders