• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

This is what's going to kill pro sports

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I know this is gonna re-open the can of worms, but shit like this pisses me off...I know I'm gonna get blasted by some, but I don't give a shit.

Albert Pujols has played only three full seasons, making him the fastest player to receive a $100-million contract.

JUPITER, Fla. (AP) -- Albert Pujols and the St. Louis Cardinals finalized their $100-million US, seven-year contract Friday, the biggest deal in the history of the franchise.

At 24, Pujols led the major leagues in hitting at .359 last year. He hit 43 home runs with 124 RBIs and topped the majors with 51 doubles, and he made $950,000. His deal contains an option for an eighth year that could make the contract worth $111 million.

Pujols gets $7 million this year, $11 million in 2005, $14 million in 2006, $15 million in 2007 and $16 million in each of the final three years, according to contract terms obtained Thursday by The Associated Press. The Cardinals have a $16-million option for 2011 with a $5-million buyout.

St. Louis gets to defer $3 million a year from his 2007-10 salaries without interest, with Pujols getting $1.2 million a year from 2020-29.

St. Louis made Pujols the ninth baseball player to receive a $100-million contract, the first since Jason Giambi's $120-million, seven-year agreement with the New York Yankees in December 2001.

Pujols has played only three full seasons, making him the fastest player to receive a $100-million contract. Colorado's Todd Helton signed a $141.5-million, nine-year extension in March 2001 after three-plus seasons in the big leagues.

defazman

TRIBE Member
Worst thing is, but the third year making $16 million, he'll be complaining that he hasnt gotten a raise in a while.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by defazman
Worst thing is, but the third year making $16 million, he'll be complaining that he hasnt gotten a raise in a while.
or he'll suck ass and get ridiculed by the fans.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories