• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

this is what happens to Canadians when they move to Germany

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
i like that he politely moved all the beer bottles and stuff in order to stand up on the table. thats still VERY canadian of him! as if he'd hate to see them kicked over and broken or worse...... :p

too funny.....

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
He moved the beer bottles so that he wouldn't waste the beer still sitting inside of them. That's a true Canadian! Must preserve every last drop of alcohol.

dtox

TRIBE Member
patrick.dsp said:
no shit, what a tool.

have you ever been to a concert, this video is mighty tame if you ask me? or better yet you ever seen jake play? probably not I guess cuz he doesn't make HARD techno. Looked to me like he was standing on a table? most of the times I have ever seen him he ends up being half naked and rocking out like sid vicious. tool my friend is how you portray your own self when making comments like this.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
i'd like to see a Patrick vs. Jake battle..... software vs. hardware.

With the winner table dancing to their own favorite track! Throw a brass pole in there and it could be a real show. Him I wonder if its possible to rent Filmores for this event?

EDIT: now I've gotta ask that question!

patrick.dsp

TRIBE Member
so buddy calls him tiesto and that's cool but i call him a tool and you guys act like i took the cocks out of your mouths. god, you guys are up tight. get laid soon. ;)

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
they're just sad Algo isn't in the video...... dare you say anything against Jeff M..... KId and D-T will froth at the mouth and attack..... i've seen em do it. they're friggin maniacs for that guy....

cleared a whole room of minimal hipsters just with their bare hands and a beercap. blood was everywhere.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
hahaha... yeah usually we're flingin' the beercaps AT jeff.

dsp... it's fine to call someone like tiesto a tool, because he is.... i'm pretty sure poker face knows jake and was joking around, whereas you were actually calling him a tool because you just don't *get* it. or maybe i'm just pms'ing today?! anyways... on to the next...

poker face

TRIBE Member
I love tribe. And jake if you ever care to read this message board that has no impact on music we will laugh at what I posted together.

P.S. I make fun of everyone including myself.

Donc

TRIBE Member
patrick.dsp said:
so buddy calls him tiesto and that's cool but i call him a tool and you guys act like i took the cocks out of your mouths. god, you guys are up tight. get laid soon. ;)

ch33se Who's uptite? :p Tool & Tiesto should get togther, maybe do what Rabbit in the Moon & Sara McLaughlan could only dream about...

By the by that track was Nightstick in there, no?

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
oh tribe techno room.... you've lost your teeth...

what happened to bickering to be right... NO MATTER WHAT! we gotta get Mussork (Neil) in here to debate the merrrits of that performance. maybe then we'll see some blood spilled in the name of techno and all things purely techno.

musork

TRIBE Member
if you ever took the time to see jake play live in toronto you would know that this is part of his stick long befor he moved to germany...
I respect the fact that he trys to break down some of the traditional boundries of stand behind the table of gear or hide behind the laptop standard that everyone does... it takes some guts to do what hes doing.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
so the real tools would be the ppl who don't try and push the bounderies of techno. and as much as we might want to scoff at Jakes' performance, really, he's doing something outside of the norm and that should be celebrated.....

be it in germany, toronto, or wherever... pushing the bounderies and making ppl think.. thats what we should all be striving for.... mind music. action music. dance on tables music.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
i dont see you stating your opinion!

be it in germany, toronto, or wherever... pushing the bounderies and making ppl think.. thats what we should all be striving for.... mind music. action music. dance on tables music.

musork

TRIBE Member
vveerrgg said:
so the real tools would be the ppl who don't try and push the bounderies of techno. and as much as we might want to scoff at Jakes' performance, really, he's doing something outside of the norm and that should be celebrated.....

I dont know if we need to throw a party becasue hes standing on a table with a mic shuffleing his feet and singing but its still out side the norm of what 90 percent of the rest of the work is doing with techno and thats a good thing...
I know I wouldnt do it but I respect the fact that he feels like he can do it...

musork

TRIBE Member
never said pushing boundries I said breaking the the traditional ones down very different thing. sun ra, captian beefheart, can, kraftwerk all pushed boundries jake is just breaking/merging/blurring them....