• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

This Is The End

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
probably the funniest movie of the last few years.

rogan/franco/baruchel/mcbride/robinson/hill

those guys are fucking hilarious together

only thing I wished was different if the movie was a bit more about the gang hanging out together at the party and less about the apocalypse.

Also wish that Jason Segal and Paul Rudd were in it more.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Posted a bit about it in the general Movie thread.

Ya. REally enjoyed the film. Laughed my ass off. As I mentioned in the other thread, it's basically a live action South Park Movie about the apocalypse.

McBride was definitely a human Cartman :p

mudbunny

TRIBE Member
I liked the beginning of the movie... i agree I like the "hanging out" scenes. The religious angle spoiled it for me... even space aliens or natural disaster resulting from global warming would have been better

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
As good as this movie is hyped up to be, this is just one of those you can wait to watch at home. This is one of those flicks you don't have to watch on the big screen in the movie theatre.

Been procrastinating, but I'd definitely pay to see "Before Midnight" on the big screen before I see "This Is the End" in a cinema. LOL

Before Midnight - Rotten Tomatoes :D

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
As good as this movie is hyped up to be, this is just one of those you can wait to watch at home. This is one of those flicks you don't have to watch on the big screen in the movie theatre.

Been procrastinating, but I'd definitely pay to see "Before Midnight" on the big screen before I see "This Is the End" in a cinema. LOL

Before Midnight - Rotten Tomatoes :D
Disagree on that one

Before Midnight is a low-budget thoughtful talky movie, I saw it in theatres but would have had no issue seeing it at home. You need to be in a theatre to see Ethan Hawke and Julie Delphy talk and argue in only 4 different long scenes?

This Is The End is a raucous hilarious comedy, it also has some fun effects/action sequences, and that was great to see in a theatre and laugh with a big group of people.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Finally saw it.

Was gonna watch the "The Big Chill" this afternoon bonding with 4 very good friends as yesterday was one of our closest friend's birthday that just died this past summer. One of my buddies said fuck that movie because it is such a downer that deals with the death of a friend.

My friend was so right and put "This is the End" instead of the above movie and it really was the perfect choice. Laughter really is the best medicine, even when we just recently lost a dear friend of ours to cancer.