• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

this is not supposed to be an upcoming events forum

Stop Bill C-10

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
it seems that thisa is the onle genre room full of event listings so I think I will spring clean them.

D-Monic

TRIBE Member
I think that's because this is the tightest community on the whole board.

Many people in the 'breaks scene' come here first and only care about breaks events and would rather not go sorting through a bunch of other posts to find the one they want.

And while you're at your cleaning, why aren't emoticons working in this forum?

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
The emicons haven't worked in here for awhile ... well at least for me anyways
And I'd have to agree with Dan on the event listings issue
Sifting through all the shit events looking for something with decent breaks ... just isn't fun
I'd rather be able to come straight here

stu

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

CC

TRIBE Member
i only posted my thing in here because i know most people only check this room for breaks listings... they don't alway check out upcoming events.

CC

Uncle Bobby

TRIBE Promoter
Seriously, Was this thread a joke to see the reaction? I think that the problem here is that most of us in the breaks room are REALLY into breaks. In many cases they consume our whole lives day and night! It shouldn't be surprising that we will, in turn, spend our time talking about the upcoming events. I haven't been to a movie in months but I can tell you about most of the 'breaks' related events in the area that I went to instead. I have nothing else to talk about. I want to talk to other breaks lovers about that which interests me most, going out to hear some breaks...and get really wasted! Alot of the conversations that you may not have read happen in the breaks room upcoming events threads. Conversations about DJ's tracks and the occasional unfortunate picture...

20024142702317840988292.jpg

Tribe is a great board and the breaks room is the best forum in it! I hope it doesn't change.

UB.

SK8Betty416

TRIBE Member
I agree with everyone....this room is the most exciting and this community is so Wicked! The breaks community is really tight 'n if I ever want to hear funny shit written by cool people I just come here!!

funkNstyle

TRIBE Member
dont delte them.
Everytime i venture out of this forum i get banned cuz sum dip shit doesnt like my sense of humor and complains... then Alex has to ban me.
I've managed to get back on everytime but it just goes to show everyone in this room knows me and knows my sense of humor, as i do with them which in turn proove Dan right.

Keep our forum the way it is, its not hurting anything or affecting anyone.

Jonny

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
maybe alex.d's refering to the number multiple posts
with the words "Breaks Den" in it ;)
....... btw this week, ladies free all night @ tonic (17/04/02)

mcmarty's.jpg

DJ MONKEY

TRIBE Promoter
If the party is a BREAKS PARTY then why can't it be posted in the BREAKS room? Isn't that what this forum is for to talk about EVERYTHING BREAKS ?

Uncle Bobby

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by funkNstyle
dont delte them.
Everytime i venture out of this forum i get banned cuz sum dip shit doesnt like my sense of humor and complains... then Alex has to ban me.

Jonny

^^ Ban Him!

UB.

BTW> is this part of a conspericy against breakers? Our smiles don't work AND we're being censored! I looked into the house room, jungle room and general forum and was able to find a post about an upcoming event in every room! How can we be the only one?

Now I'm the one who's going to be banned!

RyanMarcus

TRIBE Member
events

I disagree. Just because I eat, drink, and sleep prog, doesn't mean we get any 'special privledges' in the prog forum. Not that I particularly care about the outcome, as to me it is inconsequential either way. Nevertheless, it is somewhat important that you guys understand how foolish your argument is. Whether an event is posted in one forum or another doesn't really matter does it, apart from the fact that it's posted?

DJ Red Lion

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by RyanMarcus
I disagree. Just because I eat, drink, and sleep prog, doesn't mean we get any 'special privledges' in the prog forum. Not that I particularly care about the outcome, as to me it is inconsequential either way. Nevertheless, it is somewhat important that you guys understand how foolish your argument is. Whether an event is posted in one forum or another doesn't really matter does it, apart from the fact that it's posted?

You can't put the brakes on breaks!

People are always going to post about events. Are they Roll Calls? Yes! Are they UpComing Events? Yes! But if people want to post seperately about them why not, it's part of what is intresting!

I think you put it best when you said, "doesn't really matter does it."

Shug

TRIBE Member
Alex should delegate moderation of each specific room to someone diectly involved in that community... ie Dmonic. Not that Dan doesn't have enough on his plate, but I mean, hey... it's our room. We like breaks. We can talk about breaks if we want. In any capacity. Sucka.

Insert obligatory smiley to appease the moderator gods here ----> <------

!Myagi!

TRIBE Member
Re: events

Dude - what ARE you talking about??? Is it just me, or is this whole debate idiotic? Special Priviliges???????
What are we, like black marketeers with mob protection or something? Jesus H Freaking Tap Dancin Christ, this is a MESSAGE BOARD, and thats it. I dont have time to sort through all sorts of crap nights to find when the breaks nights are....anybody else feel the same?

twist

TRIBE Member
Re: events

no one wants special privileges. It does matter what forum the evnt is posted in cause a lot of people who check this forum don't check the upcoming events forum and vice versa. The breaks scene in Toronto has always been quite intimate with a fairly steady and solid core of people coming out to the events. Sure we could talk about stuff in the upcoming events forum... but jesus look at half the shit we're talking about. People usually post in the upcoming events forum to say they're comin or to add some little bit of praise to the promoter or something... it tends to be a little more 'formal'. Plus with the anti-bumping laws it makes it hard for the promoter to talk about the party without seeming shady. I mean promoters in the other forums while regular people... aren't nearly on the same level as the breaks promoters in terms of street level breaks society intimacy. I can see looking down the thread list that it is getting a little out of hand... but I guess promoters need to be aware that if it continues then steps will be taken to stop us posting event listings or whatever so use discretion when posting an event or whatever. You also must have noticed that breaks events usually end up near the bottom of the upcoming forum cause of all the proggy techno freaks yammering on about dj who gives a flying fuck they all sound the same now anyways and his 29 hour set. It's not a foolish argument it's actually one I have considered before, noting the difference between the breaks forum and other forums. I mean half the time people aren't even talking about the event in the threads in this room... we're all laughing at whoever got shitfaced, placing bets on who will get shitfaced, talking about how we got shitfaced... and there's some other stuff too but I don't pay attention. Anyways all the other genres have big giant uberfunded parties, there's like 50 billion fucking house nights and there's a steady flow of drum and bass djs coming in, I think we have earned some slack always getting fucked over by some huge party, getting the teeny back room, or having to party in some tiny dingy little bar while all these shirtless mongos wop hop their way around the nice clubs.