• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

This is a mayoral campaign thread, not for the tabloid stuff

Who will you vote for in October?

• Doug Ford

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • John Tory

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Not voting

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

erika

TRIBE Member
Tribe is the best.

"we need to be more inclusive and a better city that is tolerant of everyone and their opinions"

"Stupid ward 2 retards"
"little Piggy"
"retarded child"

Absolutely this.

Anyone that voted for Ford is a retard, and Tolerance is a two way street.

once they start behaving like people with grade 3 reading comprehension and not being the most slovenly morons in the GTA, i will then consider how tolerant i am towards them.

Absolutely wrong. Let's get over this first misconception:

Ford Nation whackos do not = Ford voters.

Many people do not have the information, or access to the information, to make the informed decision some of us would like them to make.

Knocking on doors for Andray Domise in Ward 2 was a big wake-up call for me; I believe I posted about this a page or two ago.

And Edward Keenan posted an excellent piece about this in 2010 that is completely 100% relevant right now. I'm just going to make sure I haven't already posted it, and if I haven't, I will.

Ok, this is the article:http://www.magazine-awards.com/multimedia/nmaf/awards_submission_archive_2010/12202.PDF (bacchus in particular you may find this enlightening).

Last edited:
Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
or its in fantastic shape which allows him time to pursue a run for provincial leadership.

Who new Doug was an ethical vegetarian?

Doug Ford at Deco: The inside story - The Globe and Mail

- Former owner of Wise Tag suing Doug for alleged unpaid loans, credit-card debt and compensation.
- Randy Ford has seen his annual income drop from $910,520 in 2007 to $225,543 in 2010.
- the years leading up to Mayor Ford’s victory four years ago, the Canadian and American sides of Deco were losing money.

This sounds like fantastic financial shape to you?

I can't believe this retarded child got voted in as a school board trustee

Michael Ford: School safety 'number one priority' | CP24.com

You know what? He could actually lend some insight as to what schools might need with him being so young. Something that a lot of other school trustees lack from their generation gap.

That's assuming of course that he's actually got a mind of his own and doesn't have the arrogance and willful ignorance that his kin have.

I'm actually encouraged by his stance on LGBTQ.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Doug Ford considering a run for Progressive Conservative leadership | Toronto Star

Doug Ford says his strong showing in Toronto mayoralty shows he’s a natural to run for Progressive Conservative leader and defeat the Liberals in 2018

moudakis_doug_ford_pc_comic.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Dying with laughter today, I had to share. This is the Halloween display a friend of mine is going with this year rather than the usual pumpkin, he calls it 'Ford Nation'. :D

15660686771_fffa7be19e_s.jpg

erika

TRIBE Member
Doug Ford at Deco: The inside story - The Globe and Mail

- Former owner of Wise Tag suing Doug for alleged unpaid loans, credit-card debt and compensation.
- Randy Ford has seen his annual income drop from $910,520 in 2007 to $225,543 in 2010.
- the years leading up to Mayor Ford’s victory four years ago, the Canadian and American sides of Deco were losing money.

This sounds like fantastic financial shape to you?

And he's got a conflict of interest suit coming up, which will have more legs given that it's now known Deco Labels isn't rolling in dough (particularly after the money he just put into the campaign).

Not to mention, there are those (and I met a few), who, while they vote Ford at the municipal level, "always vote for the Liberals in those other elections".

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Absolutely this.

Absolutely wrong. Let's get over this first misconception:

Ford Nation whackos do not = Ford voters.

Many people do not have the information, or access to the information, to make the informed decision some of us would like them to make.

Knocking on doors for Andray Domise in Ward 2 was a big wake-up call for me; I believe I posted about this a page or two ago.

And Edward Keenan posted an excellent piece about this in 2010 that is completely 100% relevant right now. I'm just going to make sure I haven't already posted it, and if I haven't, I will.

Ok, this is the article:http://www.magazine-awards.com/multimedia/nmaf/awards_submission_archive_2010/12202.PDF (bacchus in particular you may find this enlightening).

in that article it states that its both the rich and and the impoverished that voted Ford into power, from the most elite ( bridal path ) to the impoverished ( malvern/scarberia/ and ward 11). that divide says to me that both those with all the apparent access to knowledge in the world, and those that dont have easy access to information voted him in.

Not doing your research when you vote for someone is akin to buying a car or buying/renting a home without doing your due dilligence and searching around for your options to see whats out there.

this is base common sense, and something that people of all levels in our society need to understand. You are committing to supporting someones mandate, you should at the very least understand what that is. we have libraries where you can look this information up, you can talk to people( especially against who you would be voting for ), but to just accept what he presenting without understanding the full impact is moronic IMO.

Its also moronic to vote for an electoral candidate based solely upon empathetic and selfish reasons. I vote for the candidate that i think will help the entire city most effectively and fairly for all people. if people cannot grasp that when you have a city of 2.5 million people, you cant make everyone happy, but you sure as fuck can do good things for the majority, key essential services that are required, while making the city a good place for people to come to work to generate more business and income.

When you listen to the most spoiled, ignorant, dumb fuck for a mayor we have ever had speak, and you agree with what he says, in my opinion you need to wake up and take a good long look at what he actually represents and actually does for people.

there are websites dedicated to fact checking his claims of improving the city vs what he actually did. he has done a disservice to the homeless, childcare, TTC, cycling infrastructure, he makes false claims about our unemployment going down vs up, hes a liar, his brother is a liar, the are nepotistic beyond measure as we can see from Mikey Ford getting elected as a school board trustee, the list goes on.

If people choose not to do a comparative analysis of the facts and see that electing another Ford, the worse out of the two IMO, and not see how badly they would hurt the city, then im sorry but i stand by my original statement.

morons.

I would love if people listened, but facts seem to make their eyes glaze over, and then the ones that are informed and vote for them do so for selfish awful reasons and are generally people i dont like to begin with.

Tolerance is one thing, but letting people repeatedly off the hook for making poor choices, would you let your financial adviser do that, would you let your nanny do that, would you let anyone you regularly rely on do that?

i dont, i wont, fuck that.

note - i didnt even bring up his own demons, battling with drugs , booze, being racist and just a terrible human being. and people that find that shit endearing, can go fuck themselves, if you vote for someone based upon how entertaining they are, you dont deserve to vote IMO( i know that may make me a prick, but im not the one supporting people that literally have fucked are city, and do so without any conscience.)

Last edited:

erika

TRIBE Member
I'm not talking about the people who elected him in 2010; I know some of those, and the reasons vary widely.

I'm talking about people who voted this time, who have NO access to internet, who don't have english as a first or even second language, and who are just trying to get by.

They aren't morons, they JUST DON'T KNOW.

And rather than put them down, let's find a way to collectively reach out, for the good of the city, so that they CAN be informed.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I'm not talking about the people who elected him in 2010; I know some of those, and the reasons vary widely.

I'm talking about people who voted this time, who have NO access to internet, who don't have english as a first or even second language, and who are just trying to get by.

They aren't morons, they JUST DON'T KNOW.

And rather than put them down, let's find a way to collectively reach out, for the good of the city, so that they CAN be informed.

how many people do you think of the 330k that voted for him dont have access to the internet and fall under this category you are speaking of voted for him?

these people that dont speak english well, and dont have access to the internet...Are they newly landed immigrants? how can they vote? you need something beyond permanent residency or a working visa to vote, you need citizenship.

I do not disagree with educating and helping these people, but they are im pretty sure a low percentage of the people supporting him.

And in my previous statement, i was not talking about these types as i dont think they are the majority of the voters. As i said, i believe the people supporting the Fords, are people that have jobs that give them even the basics with access to knowledge that choose to ignore it, that would rather base their decisions off the fact that the Fords eat cheeseburgers and i do too, or the rich that benefit from a conservative Mayor trying to give breaks to the most entitled in our society.

those people are morons, the likes of which rampant ignorance and selfish motive are the main factors in their voting strategy.

Last edited:

erika

TRIBE Member
don't get me wrong
Ford Nation DOES exist, and it's populated by horrible bigots of all sorts: xenophobes, homophobe, racists and complete idiots like that blathering idiot going on about ISIS in Toronto.
And they have encouraged those people to flourish.

But they don't represent the total of people who voted for him. And those are the ones I would like to see have more info.

And hopefully, when the FN idiots realize the sky hasn't fallen with Tory in power, and that they aren't given this great big voice, we'll have some return to a semblance of normalcy.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I would love to see those people come over to our side, both the uneducated due to circumstance and those now left with no DoFo to lead them into ignorant bliss.

Its just whether ' they ' want to come over that represents the hurdle.
People that steadfastly commit to ideals that are consistently wrong for our city, well its like trying to convince Stephen Harper to stop down, leave politics for eternity, and stop literally fucking canada over in every way imaginable.

an effort in futility, which sucks.

erika

TRIBE Member
Some are lost causes (I actually think Olivia wasted all the front part of her campaign trying to appeal to them), but others, we gotta try!

The Ford family are practically a weekly staple on CP24 at noon - even when they've got nothing to say. Right now, it's a weekly update of "Hey, Rob, how are you feeling? Did you toss your cookies this morning?"

So, Mikey showing up at this doesn't surprise me - good on him for showing up (hopefully in sincere support of Pride and not as a photo op).

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member

Then there's this guy in Ward 32 LOL:

James Sears, Candidate for Ward 32 - Toronto City Hall

From his website:

A BRIEF LIST OF SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES THAT MAKES JAMES SEARS THE ONLY VIABLE CANDIDATE FOR WARD 32 COUNCILLOR:

-Physician, University of Toronto, Class of '88

-Elected Chief Intern, Doctors Hospital, 1989

-Delivered a record 95 babies during 1 year internship

-Captain, Canadian Armed Forces, Honourably Discharged, 1992

-Canada's #1 Medical Fraud & Malpractice Investigator Since 1994

-World's #1 Seduction Guru & Male Confidence Builder Since 2005

-Advertising & Marketing Consultant Extraordinaire

-Ontario's #1 Trainer of Sales Consultants, with Specialization in Mortgage & Real Estate Agents

-Small Business Start-Up Consultant

-Writer, Poet, Ethicist, Philosopher & Heretic

-Religious & Spiritual Leader

-Raceologist & Phrenologist

-Revisionist Historian & Apologist with Special Interest in World Religions, Hitler & The Nazis, Marxist Crimes Against Humanity, Government Conspiracies

-Anti-Feminist & Anti-Metrosexual Agitator

-Anti-Marxist Crusader

-Christian, Pro-Life & Family Values Advocate (Go Jesus!)

-Christian Libertarian Theorist & Advocate

-Jewellery & Fashion Designer

-Consistent Scorer of >60% Right-Brain Dominance

-Clairvoyant & Faith Healer

-Gourmet Chef & Nutritional Consultant

-Former Online Restaurant Critic

-Proudly Served on High School Chess Team (2nd boarder)

-Proudly Served on High School Typing Team (128 words per minute, #2 in city; I would have been #1 but I lost to broad on electric typewriter after inept typing teacher misinformed me that we had to use manual typewriters)

-Legal Consultant Specializing in Sexual Assault & Harassment, Highway Traffic Act, Charter Motions, Poison Pen Legal Letters, etc.

-Amateur Chiropractor, Accountant, Dental Hygienist, Massage Therapist, Psychotherapist, etc.

-Expert At Shaming People Into Doing the Right Thing

-Professional Shrew Tamer & Spanking Administrator

-Proud Owner of a Beautiful, Svelte REAL CANADIAN (Irish-Scottish-French-Aboriginal) Wife

-Shih-Tzu Enthusiast & Precision Belly Rubber

-Generous With His Money But Stingy With Everyone Else's

-Most Brutally Honest Person on the Planet

-Never Touches A Drop Of Alcohol (ethanol increases estrogen levels in men, thereby feminizing them, and making them useless in bed)

-Pot Legalization Advocate & Occasional Strain Tester

-Grower of Hair That Puts Yanni to Shame

-The Only Major Candidate that is "Lawsuit-Proof" by having No Assets in His Name, Preventing Corrupt Elements From Silencing Him Through Extortion, Blackmail or Manipulation by way of Employing the Threat of Litigation for Slander or Libel

-The Only Major Candidate that is "Blackmail/Extortion-Proof" Because All His Skeletons are Strewn Across the Internet (90% of which are total lies, but discourage blackmailers and extortionists)