• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Thirteen

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
I meant to see it a while ago. I couldn't find anyone to go with though. :( I will prolly buy it when it comes out at the end of January (27th).

Cheers ... Ian :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
so it's like.... KIDS?
Somewhat similar, but not quite.

The interesting thing is that one of the actresses (Nikki Reed) who is 13 y/o (well she was at the time) actually co-wrote the script.

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
I saw it the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.
IMO, it's not as harsh as kids [no sex really] but still the acting was great as well as the cinematography.

I wouldn't mind getting a copy myself.

XXX
Marian
:p

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Saw this flick last night.

Not sure if I enjoyed it or not...I'm somewhere in the middle.
Definitely think it's overrated, and not as groundbreaking as critics seem to think.

The movie started off really promising, but just didn't follow through.
While I did like aspects such as the cinematography and acting, I felt the plot was too contrived, rushed, and petty.
I understand the point the filmaker was trying to make with blaming society for kids growing up too fast, being influenced easily etc...but I didn't think it was done successfully at all.
Thirteen seemed to rely more on shock value than trying to make sense of the issue.

meh.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
rented it last night...watched SNL like im supposed to;) ...

maybe ill curl up into a ball and watch that and gerry...hearing great things though

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
I will prolly buy it when it comes out at the end of January (27th).

do you watch anything with girls over the age of 18? :p

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
do you watch anything with girls over the age of 18? :p
I watch a wide range of films. But I have to admit that I own a lot of DVDs that most people would consider "teen flicks" (even though the majority of the actors/actresses in those movies are well into their 20s).

Viceroy

TRIBE Member
I hated this movie, and wanted to walk out, which never happens. I thought the acting was annoying and very over the top. I could not stand the young girl, and Holly Hunter should hang up her acting career after this.

And I usually am a very upbeat person! :)
Peace,
Steve

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Viceroy
I hated this movie, and wanted to walk out, which never happens. I thought the acting was annoying and very over the top. I could not stand the young girl, and Holly Hunter should hang up her acting career after this.

And I usually am a very upbeat person! :)
Peace,
Steve

that's why she got an oscar nod I guess...;)

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
that's what i meant :)

your movie collection must mirror my younger sister's :p
So you have a younger sister, eh? ;) j/k

Lots of "teen" movies are just fun to watch. You can view my collection here.