• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Things you wonder about other Tribe members

peko

TRIBE Member
That is what I do as well. They will figure it out eventually I bet in one part of town, and then within days, somehow, they will all know how to pull them out.

We don't have to pin the bin between the recycling and garbage. But, we do keep it in the garage after a rib dinner night.

Sometimes cat litter is a deterrent and sometimes it's not. Our raccoons don't go near the green bin if it has cat litter mixed in because we use a bag to line the bin and dump everything in together. If we just pile multiple bags in the bin, that's when the raccoons will reek havoc.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I watched a demo of how the 'green' bin recycling works. It's kind of gross, but kind of smart.

What they do is put all the green bin stuff into a big tank, and then fill up the tank with water to make a green bin slurry. Then it is kind of ground up with big rollers or something, and the plastic is scooped out, the slurry goes into a big tank / silo thing, and the water is evaporated with a big fan (this is why the residents who live close to the facility complain about the bad smells) and eventually it ends up as dry compost material.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I watched a demo of how the 'green' bin recycling works. It's kind of gross, but kind of smart.

What they do is put all the green bin stuff into a big tank, and then fill up the tank with water to make a green bin slurry. Then it is kind of ground up with big rollers or something, and the plastic is scooped out, the slurry goes into a big tank / silo thing, and the water is evaporated with a big fan (this is why the residents who live close to the facility complain about the bad smells) and eventually it ends up as dry compost material.

Do people have to scoop that plastic out? What about stuff that gets in there that can't be composted? After a party, even though I'm really anal about people separating waste at my house, there will always be a plastic tie or some kinda container in there that I don't wanna fish out.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
The city uses baby diapers put into the compost as the last layer in the garbage hill!

What is interesting is the diversity between cities in terms of acceptable green bin materials.

Most other cities won't accept diapers.

Someone told me once that it's not that the diapers are compostable (they apparently are not) but it was a strategy the city used to get people to start regularly using their organic bins when they were first introduced. The premise was that people don't like having shitty diapers smelling up their homes, so once told they could put them in the green bin they started to; and thus would eventually get into the habit of using their green bin (as they would put it out for regular pick ups) for what it's meant to be for; organic waste. So eventually, kid grows out of diapers and a recycling family is born!

Doesn't seem like a preposterous explanation... But certainly does make you wonder about efficiency.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I woke up this morning.

"Where am I?"

My arms were wrapped around someone. I had no clothes on.

"It's a chick!"

I got up and the first thing on my mind was a cigarette. I took a moment to survey my morning.

A hotel. A Japanese woman. WTF happened?

Got a beer, smoked my smoke, found my underwear.

I assumed she was Japanese, as a course of my work, but she equally could have been Chinese or Korean or miscellaneous chink. Like MoFo.

So I adressed her in Jap and she responded and I learned quickly that she didn't speak any English. (almost post).

Well two double Caesers for breakfast and a Jaegermeister later, I got home, slept for about 5 minutes before my roommate and neighbour started interfering with my sobriety.

For the record, my neighbour is REALLY hot. Karate boy or something. Anyway, he always answers the door with no shirt. which is JUST FINE WITH ME.

Also, Yuzuru Hanyu.

-jM
A&D