• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Things to do in Tdot

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Hippo bus RIP

The islands!
Chinatown!
Kensington Market!
Dig into you black book and drag call up a dude to watch the sun set over the city while sitting on the hill at Riverdale park.
ew are you serious, its really RIP?

yeh im not doing things like kensington, thats like shopping, im saving that kind of thing for when i have a home and can buy stuff for it.

I might add these need to be things I can do on my own, like not having picnics or getting drunk at blue jays games, cause i dont have anyone to do things with.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
campbell house, thats the one at queen and univeristy. im totes going there, its only $6. they had afternoon tea there last sunday, I would have gone for that :( I likes my afternoon tea.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
huh, I bet none of you knew this existed:
if you are a new citizen of canada in your first year of living here you can get a free pass to go to a bunch of historic places.
Institute for Canadian Citizenship | Institut pour la citoyenneté canadienne

and that if you have a valid library card you can get some sort of free family pass

The Toronto Historic Museums participate in Toronto Public Library's Sun Life Financial Museum + Arts Pass program. With a valid adult library card, you can borrow a family pass good for any Toronto Historic Museum, at any of Toronto Public Library's 99 branches.
For details please visit http://programs.torontopubliclibrary.ca/listings/map/

erika

TRIBE Member
For starters, do NOT call this place TDOT - puhleeze :)
Lots of the things mentioned in this thread are good options; definitely check out the Events section in Now (as opposed to the Clubs and Music one ;) ).
Walk through Cabbagetown (so many great old places all fixed up) over to the Riverdale farm.
St. Lawrence Market on Saturday mornings is great (farmer's market in the north building).
And they actually have, upstairs in the south building, a small gallery/museum that has neat stuff about the city's history.
Casa Loma for sure on a nice day.
And of course hopping the ferry over to the island.
If you do ride a bike, grab a Bixi and just cruise around until you see something that strikes your fancy.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Do what dirty girl does best. Get a 40...put it in a paper bag. Drink in park :) (my preferred park is bellwoods)

octo

TRIBE Member
i went to the brick works on Sunday. huge :rolleyes:

parking is a pain in the ass. i had to drive around in circles for 10 min. it's really tight to manouver around the lots. getting out was even more gridlock.

there's a little garden for little kids that might be fun for maybe 25 minutes for kids up to the age of 10.

there's a cafe with really expensive organic/free trade coffee and i'm guessing really expensive snack food. it was full of people who had biked there. it might be a good destination if you live within biking distance. but driving there is not worth it unless there's an exhibit you are really interested in.

i didn't go into the move exhibit but it seemed pretty lame. there's a bunch of electric cars. it's reminded me of the lame transport canada exhibit at the auto show.

the one cool thing was the cross town LRT they had. i took a pic. i'll post it later.

the food truck thing was for VIPs only until 4pm. i couldn't stay till 4.

if you want to go and walk around and look at old industrial bulidings, go for it , try not to drive there on a weekend. or at least get there as early as possible.

Liability

TRIBE Member
i went to the brick works on Sunday. huge :rolleyes:

parking is a pain in the ass. i had to drive around in circles for 10 min. it's really tight to manouver around the lots. getting out was even more gridlock.

there's a little garden
I don't think they have put that much work into making it vehicle accessible considering the goals and ideology behind the place.

I find it quite enjoyable and there are some nice small hikes behind.

There is a bus that runs regularily from Davisville Station. You can also walk down from a path that starts around Mt. Pleasant Cementary. It is a really nice ravine walk.

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
Bata Shoe Museum, swim at Olympic Pool, lawn bowling @ Kew Garderns...hmmm that's all I've got right now. Oh yeah get drunk for really cheap at the Greeks in Kensington Market.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
^ooh thats good thanks, cause I def need exercise and I can start in the east end so its close. hopefully I dont get murdered in a ravine or something
I totally wanna do the doors open too.

Last edited:

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
hto park/sugar beach (take a cooler with beers)
PATH network
there's a few model railroad clubs in the city
nascar speedpark at vaughn mills mall
culinary adventure company (a friend runs it), has a few cool options (they cost tho)
planespotting at the airport wendys
gourmet food and wine show and royal winter fair are coming up

peko

TRIBE Member
Bluma Appeal Theatre
Theatre Passé Muraille
Tarragon Theatre
The Power Plant
Science Centre
Walk Queen Street to West West
The Bait Shop (Parkdale) - you'd love the skater boys

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Yup, Polish Festival is this weekend. Beer gardens, polkas, pierogis and sausage (and a whole lot of 'not exactly' polish food as well), neat merchant kiosks and other stuff too. Lemme know if you wanna go, it's right around the corner from me and I'll join you.

The Hippo Bus packed up and moved to BC. I personally love the ROM and can easily spend hours there (yes, you can go out for a smoke and come back in again) but I usually wait until there's a big exhibit I want to see. General admission is always included in those tickets. Other than that, you've got Black Creek Pioneer Village, Montgomery's Inn (better hurry, I hear Ford wants to shut it down), the Distillery District, Casa Loma, the Brickworks, the CN Tower, the Science Center and a whole bunch of funky neighbourhoods to spend a day wandering through. If you get really desperate, rumour has it that the city has shopping malls or something.

Coming up? Symphony season is about to start, the 10th annual Zombie Walk is in October and of course, there's Nuit Blanche.

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
The zoo is fun! Protip: go in february and it's cheaper and you'll likely have the whole place nearly to yourself

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Yup, Polish Festival is this weekend. Beer gardens, polkas, pierogis and sausage (and a whole lot of 'not exactly' polish food as well), neat merchant kiosks and other stuff too. Lemme know if you wanna go, it's right around the corner from me and I'll join you.
yes i think we should. :cool:

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
Done deal. A bit of shopping, hopefully lots of ogling, food and given bevvies! :D

g-d help us if we get the urge to do the polka after!