• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Things i need to know...

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
Well folks, i finally am here. I have moved to Vancouver from Toronto for the next year and I have some questions...

1) Where are the good record stores? I'm looking for breaks, and progressive house.
2) Where are the good clubs to check out for the above?
3) How are you all doing!

Steve

ninja

TRIBE Member
Welcome
I hope you enjoy your time here.
1)For clubs , I dont live in Van but when I'm there generally Lotus or Shine is where I end up at and always have a good time at either .

2)I'm not sure about records shops I had really good luck at Vinyl but I play Dnb and was searching for older GLR stuff so for breaks and prog I might suggest Boomtown. (Also the guy in Vinyl is a little too intense on the sales aspect for my liking)

3) I'm doing alright. excited for the snow season to arrive soon

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
Thanks man. I have been to boomtown already and they had a good selection to tide over for the time. Are you a snowboarder or a skier?

ninja

TRIBE Member
I snowboard.
I try and ride 2 days a week but it depends on the uni schedule this year. (heading back to finish my last year and a half )
I mainly ride @ mt washington but I make it over to whistler or Baker a few times a year.

Soda-20Hz

TRIBE Member
We'ze at Boomtown are THE hook up for breaks and prog in Vancouver. We get loads of every genre, but breaks and prog are 2 of the top sellers in the shop. Come see me (Soda) for the breaks or Nicky Delgado for the prog/ tribal.

Check out Beat Street as well. Wicked shop.... LOADS of records.

-s

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
Thanks guys, i've been in to the shop once already but I will ask for you guys once i am back down. I heard a rumour that you were closing though, is that true?

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ninja
I mainly ride @ mt washington

The absolute best times I have ever had skiing were @ Mt. Washington (50 + dayz), especially off the very top (slight trverse) down the chute and into the deep ma fucken powder!