• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Things do do besides clubbing ...

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
So we all always talk about things to do in Toronto on the weekends besides clubbing ...

Looking forward to hearing your ideas <smile>

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
gym
movies
chill-ax
AGO
ROM
science centre 'for old times sake'
apartment hunting
shopping

and bang of course!

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
pub thing(cheap drinks,jukebox,pool etc)
movie thing(downtown indie or big budget colossus)
bowling(sometimes fun)
stripclubs(good for a laugh)
just get high and drunk with close friends(shrooms anyone?)
have a house party in a comfortable place
rent some movies and chill and eat junk food

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Moez

TRIBE Member
Go to the OPERA, symphony
Go the the ROM, AGO or other smaller galleries that are peppered throughout the city
skating, ballroom dancing, salsa dancing

LOTS of things to do...

which is why I LOVE Toronto :)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
I want to rent a private karaoke room for me and my friends. So fun.!:D
yeah kareoke is MAD fun when drinking...I did a perfect rendition of Biz Markie's just a friend the other night!:D

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
Anybody know where there are good comedy clubs in Toronto - besides the obvious Second City? Has anyone been to Yuk Yuks on Richmond - is it any good?

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by LadyLinzee
Anybody know where there are good comedy clubs in Toronto - besides the obvious Second City? Has anyone been to Yuk Yuks on Richmond - is it any good?
we were there for a departmental thing this time last year, not bad, you feel like your bit in a dungeon though. Get there early for a good seat. We just paid the $20 for a table since we wanted to have drinks served faster.

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
Oh my - so many things. I'd suggest you check out a Winterlicious spot (a whole whack of wicked restaurants involved for $10 and $20 lunches and $20 and $30 3-course dinners). Of course the most awesome ones (eg. Canoe, Pangea, Auberge du Pommier) were booked weeks ago. But lots of the less ritzy ones still have availability...

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/special_events/wintercity/winterlicious.htm

What could be better than lots of delicious food on a cold day/night in Toronto?

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by LadyLinzee
dood yuks yuks is wicked. Go on tuesdays as its Toonie Tuesdays with a bunch of rookie comics, they can be quite funny at times.

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
Hey Linz

i've been to the Yuk Yuk's on richmond and the one on yonge.I went on amateur night and had a great time.
Also salsa dancing el Rancho , is both resturant and dance club ( its not like you think). Lots of fun away from the "scene".

luv ya babes
Mar

*help i've been sucked in*

JMan

TRIBE Member
I love walking around the city... preferably with discman and a few joints to keep me company. So many nooks to explore.

JMan

TRIBE Member
In winter it's fun to walk around, and nip into pubs and lounges for a quick shot of something to warm you up.

milkshake

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
Go to the shoe museum. I've never been but I here it's got lots of shoes.
don't bother. total suckage.

on the science centre tip...most of the stuff there is broken or dated now, but it's pure nostalgia.

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
Go to the shoe museum. I've never been but I here it's got lots of shoes. [/B]

Soo don't do that. I went last year and it really sucked.

Although, if you bring a sexy friend along there is a bathroom in the basement area that is totally not busy and has a lock on the inside of the door... maybe after looking at all those disco glitter platforms of Elton John and the foot-binding section you'll be as randy as me and my shoe buddy.

:p