• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Thievery Corporation

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
Posted in roll calls - they are coming to town early next year.......

Looking forward to it, the new album is decent...mostly the first 5 or 6 tracks, after that kinda meh.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
so a friend broke up with the girl he was gonna take and looks like I'll be taking her place.

Never seen a TC show or a concert type thing at Kool Haus

are there warm up acts?

What time does it end usually for this kind of ting?

oeretS

TRIBE Member
even though their recent CD's have been on the tired side, they continue to be totally awesome as a live act. Lots of different vocalists and percussionists to keep things interesting.

I would advise you to get really stoned prior.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
i just heard today as well...picked up tix

think it's still same playlist as last time?
I hope so, last event was a great time, although way too hot in there. Last minute call on my part if we go, but right now, its a go. Must get tickets.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ok says 8pm til 2am somewhere after some serious investi-googling.

I guess that means opening acts.

Any idea when they might come on?

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
Opening act: Ocote Soul Sounds

(from their website)

If doors are 8, then opener will probably be 9, they will most likely start around 10:30 (give or take a half hour).....that's if I remember the last show correctly....... unfortunately taking a pass on this time around :(

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deevah

TRIBE Member
almost exact same show as the last time they were here in Feb

good energy in the show but many of the vocalists were flat several times. Guitarist was ON, sax was ON.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Was my first time seeing them and I had a great time!!

Someone with AMAZING hash let me toke on their jay on the concert floor too, which was sweet.

Was told later the performance was a little tired cause apparently this is the end of a long tour - i have nothing to compare it to but I could maybe agree the energy wasn't that high

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
TC have a new Movie/Soundtrack in a DVD/CD combo pack.

Called Babylon Central

Picked it up the other day, the soundtrack is nice, haven't gotten around to the movie yet though. I don't really have any high hopes, it looks kinda low budget....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JuJuHound

TRIBE Member
FYI

Massive Attack and Thievery Corporation co-headlining US tour. ONLY Canadian stop is in Montreal.

Oct 10, 2010

Tix $45-$55

and im THERE!!