• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

These Ops, they are black!

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
[YOUTUBE]X7WHNwWPaMA[/YOUTUBE]

On Sundays @ 7pm some friends and co-workers play Black Ops (or Battlefield BC2). Anyone interested in getting in on this action?

Lurker

TRIBE Member
^ I'd be interested but the time-zone difference on a Sunday night would make for a rough Monday for me :(

Friday or Saturday, I'd be into it

Paul

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Are annihilation and Escalation the same maps but just for different consoles? Or is annihilation just another 5 maps over and above escalation for Xbox?

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
For those who have played Escalation....Is it worth the 14.99?

On another note I had a pretty funny game last night. A team from Michigan called [MICH] had threaten to come up to Canada to see how tough I am in person. They kept asking me for my address. These 5 guys were probably the mouthiest guys I have ever heard in any series of call of duty.
When my Bro and I started winning some of the games we started dishing some of their shit talk back at them. We then found out they are from the ghetto and out of the 5 of them they have averaged over 60 fights in real life and have never lost. We are now the next target. One guy said he will just hack into the sony database and get my address that way.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
^ I'd be interested but the time-zone difference on a Sunday night would make for a rough Monday for me :(

Friday or Saturday, I'd be into it

Paul
I'm kicking about at other times as well. That's just the one regular slot.

add me up: isoprax

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I'm only gonna spend the money on the new map packs (I think PS3 maps are out already) if the rest of the dudes I play/played with have them. Workdowntown, this the case?

If you're threatening to fight someone IRL based on how someone plays video games, you essentially announced your in the bottom of the gene pool, lower than in-breds. Just say the info you have on your PS3 is fake anyway. Or, block/report them.

acheron

TRIBE Member
I wonder every now and then how many different subsets of users they have on the xbox/ps3 networks with all these map packs floating around. We're up to #3 now with Annihilation...

So there's:
a) black ops no map packs
b) black ops first strike
c) black ops first strike + escalation
d) black ops escalation
e) black ops first strike + annihilation
f) black ops first strike + escalation + annihilation
g) black ops escalation + annihilation

.. that's 7 different groups who have to play separately from the others. I'm in the group that just buys all the DLC like a good little customer, I still see 400k+ playing every night, more on weekends. Just amazing. I wonder how many people are left in group a) with no DLC.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I wonder every now and then how many different subsets of users they have on the xbox/ps3 networks with all these map packs floating around. We're up to #3 now with Annihilation...

So there's:
d) black ops escalation

.. that's 7 different groups who have to play separately from the others. I'm in the group that just buys all the DLC like a good little customer, I still see 400k+ playing every night, more on weekends. Just amazing. I wonder how many people are left in group a) with no DLC.
I'm betting A is the biggest group.

philly

TRIBE Member

So there's:
d) black ops escalation

I'm not sure if this is right but I thought that if the group you're playing with has those packs it will be added to the map rotation and if they don't, you're left with the default map pack.

acheron

TRIBE Member
when I've played with friends if one of us doesn't have the map pack there's a warning that says none of us can play it. But I never see that if I'm rolling along as normal, I never get trapped just playing one subset or the other.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
I'm only gonna spend the money on the new map packs (I think PS3 maps are out already) if the rest of the dudes I play/played with have them. Workdowntown, this the case?
Yeah, 95% of the team got First Strike and Escalation, they'll probably be getting Annihilation too.