• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

These Ops, they are black!

The MPL - decent gun, but I'm not a fan of rapid fire - I rip through ammo way too quickly and I'm having a bit of a tough time compensating for all the recoil. If I'm using the MPL, I tend to go more with the grip. Not a great gun for wide open areas, but ideal in close quarters. AK74u still gets props as it's a bit easier to pick peeps off at longer ranges with short bursts or single shots.

Picked up Homefront and I'm going to give it a spin, might be willing to give KZ3 a spin again tonight too. WDT and M1 - drop me a line if you sees me.

acheron

TRIBE Member
[YOUTUBE]T7BGV9I5BtY[/YOUTUBE]
lol my game winning kill with dogs, caught a guy going down the zipline in Kowloon. I watched it in theatre from his perspective, he could see the fucking dogs down there, dunno what he was thinking...

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Just discovered a whole new side of black ops I had no idea existed....Gun game, Sticks and Stones and my favorite so far...One in the Chamber. Screw free for all and domination and TDM for the next week!!!
Where do you find this in the game???

Also, what's the 5th new map?

So far I've only seen Kowloon, Stadium, the winter one, Berlin

As for the guns - I tried playing with the squirt guns, but it just doesn't suit my style. The Kiparis is pretty cool but it goes thru ammo so fast, and most of it ends up in the wall beside the target anyways (but that's my fault lol)

I've been enjoying the FAMAS and AUG again for the tight maps, and the FN FAL for the more open ones since it's a beast and can drop people with one or two well placed shots

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
The MPL - decent gun, but I'm not a fan of rapid fire - I rip through ammo way too quickly and I'm having a bit of a tough time compensating for all the recoil.
what recoil??

aim at the chest and you get an instant headshot. Works every time. I get the most headshots with the mpl and rapid fire.

you just have to stick within the optimal range of the gun> Hence why lightweight/marathon pro owns. As for the ammo issue, who gives a fuck when you mow down 3 guys in a row on 1 clip with pure authoritah!

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Ran into a lobby full of noobtubers.. so naturally I set my Famas class up with one and destroyed poor saps trying to take B. From now on if I get tubed more than twice in a match... out comes the Famas

SJN

TRIBE Member
Mod and myself can help you level up real fast.

It's still wide open between noobs and pros so far, some games the noobies go in hard and rock you, other time the pros dominate. Hardly ever see too many steamroller lobbies where one team just keeps winning streak after streak due to the much more tactical nature of the gameplay.

The fact the levels have been designed to counter 'sit in one corner facing only entrance' camping is awesome too. Every 'safe' spot you find has at least two ways in/out (sometimes more) where you can get screwed so teamwork is paramount.

It's not a game that benefits from COD lone-wolfing at all, gotta work in tight teams if you want to win.
In a lot of random games, it seems like even a little bit of teamwork can result in an ass-whooping. I find that on teams of randoms that 90% of the time there is virtually no communication or teamwork. Playing like that against a team with just a modicum of organization will get you shredded, especially on domination.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
The recoil you get with any gun that has the rapid fire attachment. I've never been a fan of the attachment myself, like I said, I prefer the grip.

And I'm with WDT, I generally prefer to go with steady aim instead of sleight of hand.
yea but once it kicks up after the first shot, the bullets all go to the exact same spot. The rapid fire pretty much negates any recoil. So again, aim mid chest, gun rises up to face: headshot.

the mpl just sucks at long range. Too squirly, but at medium to close, it just melts faces off like the end scene from raiders.....

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
In a lot of random games, it seems like even a little bit of teamwork can result in an ass-whooping. I find that on teams of randoms that 90% of the time there is virtually no communication or teamwork. Playing like that against a team with just a modicum of organization will get you shredded, especially on domination.
Sorry, shoulda been clearer. I was talking about Killzone 3.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
In KZ3 it's on objective base game, so teamwork is necessary to win matches. I was in a game yesterday on a map I know very well. I know there is one spawn point to battle for because I knew the other team was trying to get it for the next objective, which is to plant a bomb that is right by that TSP (tactical spawn point). Me and this other guy from the other team where just battling it out for this TSP. They did manage to get it from me, but I still was going for it and got it back and we manged to hold them off till the time ran out. It was one of the most intense games I have played of KZ. We had two good teams battling it out, and that always leads to a awesome game.

In COD you could have one or two players that make the difference in the game the rest are just support in some way. Team work kind of gets throw out the window IMO. Still I think a good team in any MP game makes the difference and helps you win games.

kuba

TRIBE Member
I would like to know if someone wants to trade a game. I want to get rid of CoD and take Battlefield Bad Company 2.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I would like to know if someone wants to trade a game. I want to get rid of CoD and take Battlefield Bad Company 2.
Blops has a really good trade in value at EB right now. You may want to take that route while the TIV is still there.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Well, my PS3 looks like to just crapped out on me. I turn it on and it makes a weird beeping sound, then the red light flashes on/off continually. Not sure I wanna repair it again and just get a new/another one instead. Hoping I can salvage my game progress/saves.

acheron

TRIBE Member
great another 1200 pts in Trey's pocket. Well fuck them I'll pay it but this is the last. time. really.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
^I like his 'firing while pepper sprayed' video best :p

Noticing a lot more lag-switch use in matches recently on this, I do hope they don't let it become like MW2 was with fucking hacks/switches everywhere.

workdowntown

TRIBE Member
As of last night or this morning? I knew there was something up, fucking weird, unexplainable kills with zero killcam last night on several maps.