• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

there's a bird caught in my skylight..ideas?

billy

TRIBE Member
i guess it flew in from my front window which has no screen and made it's way to the bathroom. the bathroom is at the other end of the apartment and has a skylight. as far as i know, it doesn't open and i wouldn't know how to get to the roof anyway. it's flying between up there and perching on the mirror which i guess it thinks is a window.

i've moved the curtain clear of the front window to make a possible exit available but asides from that i have no ideas?

anyone had this happen before?

jus me

TRIBE Member
i have a bird's nest on top of mine.

they sing in the morning. :)

yours in probably cawking in pain. :p

i have so solution. sorry.

billy

TRIBE Member
he/she isn't making much noise but visually wants to get out. if i had a net i would try to get it captured then out but who really keeps a net at home???

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Is it shitting everywhere yet??

It will eventually knock itself out once it smashes its little birdie head into the window 4 million times.

Cant you catch it in a pot or something.

what if you try to lure it with bread crumbs or something.

I would be freaking the fuck out right now if I were you and running screaming to the neighbours for help, I HATE birds, ew!!

billy

TRIBE Member
ya, it's taken a few dumps. no, i can't catch it as it flys up to the skylight area of my bathroom if i come in it. i don't have a ladder or anything to get up that high.

edit: might try that crumb idea. it hasn't hit floor level yet, but if i make a trail towards the front window and let it be, it might fall for it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lainey

TRIBE Member
The best thing to do is grab a big towel and throw it over him and try to grab him LIGHTLY in your hand and bundle him up and then just release him outside.

Good Luck :)

billy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lainey
The best thing to do is grab a big towel and throw it over him and try to grab him LIGHTLY in your hand and bundle him up and then just release him outside.

Good Luck :)

again, height is the problem. it's fairly far up. might try the broom idea mentioned.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
If it was a Spider I'd just squish that mofo, or if you like spiders just release a Birdeating spider.

bird_eating_spider.jpg

Last edited:

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by crazedcanuck
Broom with a sheet/blanket on it to make it look bigger, and direct it on out.

Have fun.

this is a good option

what kind of bird is it?

billy

TRIBE Member
FUCK. so close. the stupid thing made it to the living room window but was on the ledge. i tried moving the curtain to push him lower and fly out and the dumb thing flys back into the bathroom.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Can't you block the skylight and windows, and leave all doors wide open? He should eventually find his own way out.

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
what if you dress up as a bird?
Then go out the door.
Mebbe it'll follow you.
-J
If it doesn't work at least your neighbors get a laugh.

billy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Michlerish
Can't you block the skylight and windows, and leave all doors wide open? He should eventually find his own way out.

the ceiling in the bathroom goes much higher at one point and that is where the skylight is so if i tried to block that off it wouldn't help much as that is where the bird flies as soon as I enter the bathroom.

he/she did eventually get the hint and followed the trail of food to the front window and flew out.