1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

There is no point in trying to dialogue rationally with...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by todiefor, Aug 26, 2003.

1. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

someone who is clearly not rational. It's like bouncing a tennis ball of of a brick wall. The ball will never break through the wall, it'll only bounce back at you. Which if meant as a game can be fun but if you are actually trying to break through you're wasting your time and energy.

2. lok

lok TRIBE Member

not if you load the tennis ball with C4 :D

3. what if I had one of those tennis ball cannons, like on American Gladiators?

4. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

The more you talk about it and pay attention to it, the longer its going to last.

jeremy -ignore- jive

5. lok

lok TRIBE Member

like the boogie man. or angels.

or faeries!

6. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

How many fuckin' threads do we need folks?

7. Harmonika

Harmonika TRIBE Member

"Boooring, boooring...exterminate! exterminate!!" [TM - Johnny Rotten - Sid&Nancy)

Rational people are the wagon wheels of society who are bogged down in the mire, and completely hinder the rest of the vehicle from progressing down the road.

...that is, unless you decide to detach and turn the wagon into a bicycle. Personally, I prefer walking.

i.

8. About American Gladiators? Not enough!

9. Sunshyne Jones

Sunshyne Jones TRIBE Member

it's also useless to try and convince someone who thinks he can do no wrong, that he's wrong. (or she)

10. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

we need more tautologies!

11. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

You mean Christians?

-jM
    A&D

12. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

It's like herding Cats.

13. Yeeeee hawwww... It's the kitty rustlin' of 03

14. Sunshyne Jones

Sunshyne Jones TRIBE Member

hm ... after reading a bunch of other threads on the board right now I have now realized that this thread may be about someone in particular ... wanted to say that my remark was actually a small vent re: my ex and nothing to do with posts on this board.

:)

15. Harmonika

Harmonika TRIBE Member

Who's a Christian? Jeez, those people are a pain in the arse, for the better part.

You know what the Muslim rebels in Mindanao, in the Southern Philippines do to Christian Missionaries? They kidnap them, hold them hostage for a while, then they usually chop their heads off and leave them in a market stall to serve as a reminder that they're still around, armed to the teeth, and very, very dangerous.

For this, I commend them. After all, they're only defending what was rightfully theirs in the first place. They were the original inhabitants, and it wasn't until the godawful Spanish-war-mongering Catholics moved in that things started to go downhill.

So, they do what they have to to survive, since the Philippines governement has robbed them of almost everything they used to own. They possess the least inhabitable region in the country, have the lowest education rate, worst water and hydro system - their people for the better part live in abject poverty.

But, they still have their pride. And they don't allow themselves to get suckered by religion. 'Cuz they know that religion and SPIRITUALITY are two completely separate entities. Most people on our side of the planet don't have a fucking clue.

...shit, now what was my point again? something about cornflakes and an ocelot waiting in line for Guns-n-Roses tickets...

i.

16. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

The original inhabitants of the philipines were Muslim?

17. Suedehead

Suedehead TRIBE Member

"They kidnap them, hold them hostage for a while, then they usually chop their heads off and leave them in a market stall to serve as a reminder that they're still around, armed to the teeth, and very, very dangerous.

For this, I commend them. After all, they're only defending..."

I am shocked.

I may have complained about other members laughing at sensitive subjects involving death but this is simply unacceptable.

Even if you were being sarcastic this is completely innapropriate. Tough "internet skin" or not.

18. lok

lok TRIBE Member

Pride is a deadly sin.

19. FC St. Pauli

FC St. Pauli TRIBE Member

there are... many islands

there's been a sizable Islamic presence since the 14th century

20. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

That may very well be true, but what about the rebels in the northern Philippines? Have you ever stopped a while to consider what they might be up to?

To commend or condemn. "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream."

The originals' predecessors are never happy with changing demographics.

It is in giving that we receive. The meak shall inherit the kingdom of heaven.

The equivalence principle might suggest that any part of the universe is as inhabitable as any other part of the world.

Shouldn't " in-habitable" mean not-livable? What should uninhabitable mean?

Only the weak of faith could even be suckered by religion.

Just like space and time.

Let us rejoice that we are not one of them.

-jM
    A&D

21. Harmonika

Harmonika TRIBE Member

Get this - what is unacceptable to you, is completely acceptable to someone else. Thus the duality that exists everywhere in the Universe.

Myself, I'm actually pretty neutral most of the time - like Switzerland. But, if someone decided to attack my values and ethics, then I feel I have every right to defend myself. And you'll find that's a *very* difficult point to argue with - thus why have the capacity to debate, and if it comes down to it, to defend ourselves in a suitable manner.

My 'Net skin is as thick as a tortiseshell - maybe you need to toughen up a touch, ya think?

;)

i.

22. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Surely you are referring to supersymmetry?

-jM
    A&D

23. Evil Dynovac

Evil Dynovac TRIBE Member

I think he's referring to him being a bottom.

Dick goes in, poo comes out, dick goes in, poo comes out.

:D

24. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

Marcellus Wallace - 'Fuck pride!'

25. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

[​IMG]
    "The cosmic ballet goes on."

-jM
    A&D