1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

there is hope for the human race after all

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by rounder, Sep 2, 2010.

1. rounder

rounder TRIBE Member

did something pretty stupid yesterday...withdrew money from an atm and walked away without actually taking the money...years of hard partying will do that to ya

called the bank, in an act of desperation, in hope that someone had come across the $$ and turned it in...low and behold, the bank calls me back and asks the amount and which machine i was using...when i answered correctly they said to come on in as someone had found the cash and turned it in :eek:

i now take back every nasty thing i've ever said about the human race

thank you kind stranger :)

brain......be more smarter !!!! **shakes fist in the air**

2. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

I LOVE IT!
    Everyone once in a while someone does something that renews your faith in mankind.

I love watching that hidden camera show on 20/20 where they see if strangers would help out someone in trouble.

I remember I blew a tire once on the 401 late at night and didn't have a crowbar in my trunk. This car pulled over with 4 dudes that looked like gang members and I thought I was done for. They jacked up my car and helped me change the tire and off they went.

3. dg0425

dg0425 TRIBE Member

Around the beginning of august I get on the bus and am digging around in my pockets for my metropass when a guy comes on the bus and I see him talking to the driver and pointing at me. He comes back and hands me my metropass and says it fell out of my pocket while i was running for the bus. I was pretty floored.

4. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

NIce!

I was doing the 8 min walk to my gf's place on sunday, stopped at the convenience store for some ginger ale.

Get there. Start eating dinner. Close to the end of the meal I get a call on my cell I almost chose not to answer, someone had my wallet and I hadn't even known I'd lost it!

Now it was strange, musta dropped out on Dunn but it was at St Jo's hospital information desk - dont know how it got there in like 25 mins...

But I went out and grabbed it right after: all cards, ALL MONEy, metropass - everything as it was.

I've lost a few wallets in my time, and this is first instance of ANYONE taking the time to look me up online and call me!

Was also zero stress - cause I had NO time to even know I had lost it, so I didnt even have that worry eating at me like i always did before..;)

5. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

this past summer I was on my way to the grocer, when I noticed this purse lying down on the ground on an empty outdoor table in the cafe across the street.
    So's I beeline and goes and picks it up, opens it to check that there was actual stuff in it. (there was). So I go into the cafe, and am waiting in line to pass this purse to the teller there, when some girl comes in rushing to my side, saying "thank you thank you thank you"
    Me: "oh, I thought you forgot it there"
    Her: "I did! thank you thank you thank you"
    then she rushed out.

Me scored good karma points with that

6. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

This story was great until I realized you must have snuck on the bus as you didnt have your metropass. LOL

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

sorry to burst your bubble, but they were probably scared that, if they took the money, they'd be seen on the bank camera.

8. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

No way to identify them unless they subsequently used their bank card, though.

9. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

this bubble's thicker than i thought.

10. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

I'm just not a good person. [​IMG]

11. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

I dropped a 20 on Queen st when pulling my cell phone out and two people told me and another handed it to me. I also dropped my metro pass and someone yelled hey buddy your pass. People in general are great, the shitty ones are just easier to see.

12. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

Nice way of putting it. I agree.

13. JEMZ

JEMZ TRIBE Member

Many Many years ago my uncle was getting ready to leave for his honeymoon and had over a thousand dollars in his wallet (which was an awful lot of money back then).

He stopped to make a phone call in a booth and left the wallet there. Returned 10 minutes later and it was gone.

About a week later he got a package in the mail which was his wallet without the cash. The wallet was accompanied by a letter from the sender that stated she was a single mother of 3 that could barely afford to feed her children at the time so she was keeping the money but would pay it all back eventually.

Over the course of the next 3 years my uncle would get an anonymous letter in the mail every 7, 13, 35 whatever days that would contain as little as 10 dollars or as much as 50 dollars until the entire amount was payed off with 20% interest.

True story... and always makes me smile when I think of it.